Reynolds Fired

Brass

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironically, the stroies you hear most involve the African-American talent. Mike Tirico was suspended for a long period for harrassment before anchoring ABC's golf coverage.

Uh, what exactly is ironic about that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ironically, the stroies you hear most involve the African-American talent.  Mike Tirico was suspended for a long period for harrassment before anchoring ABC's golf coverage. 

It's as ironic as ray-ee-ain on your wedding day. :P

...meaning, of course, that it's not ironic at all. It just sucks.

Ironically, the stroies you hear most involve the African-American talent.  Mike Tirico was suspended for a long period for harrassment before anchoring ABC's golf coverage. 

2nd definition from dictionary.com: An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity

There have been many other incidents which regardless of gender or race, have occurred with out such reporcussion. They include:

1-Public Intoxication/urination on a police officer (Gary Miller)

2-Throwing a beer on a fan (Michelle Tafoya)

3-Marijuana in your car and a July 3 speeding ticket w/ a warrent for your arrest (Michel Irvin)

4-Repeatedly asking an intern out on a date (Jason Jackson)

#4 is probably what strengthened teh Disney/ESPN fraternization policy. There have been more public accounts of what may be considered more serious errors in judgement, Pat O'Brien and Bill O'Reilly come to mind, but even if he did commit a violation of federal, state, and/or company policy, let us see the facts come out, in the event they actually do.

I know that there are many young people on this board, who may not exactly know the US or even state laws regarding this issue. In reading other posts, there are some posters who are barely teens, so they have not been prevy to such training on the job. Just because you might be comfortable with a particular situation, it can still violate US or state laws.

2nd definition from dictionary.com: An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity

There have been many other incidents which regardless of gender or race, have occurred with out such reporcussion. They include:

1-Public Intoxication/urination on a police officer (Gary Miller)

2-Throwing a beer on a fan (Michelle Tafoya)

3-Marijuana in your car and a July 3 speeding ticket w/ a warrent for your arrest (Michel Irvin)

#4 is probably what strengthened teh Disney/ESPN fraternization policy with subordinates. There have been more public accounts of what may be considered more serious errors in judgement, Pat O'Brien and Bill O'Reilly come to mind, but even if he did commit a violation of federal, state, and/or company policy, let us see the facts come out, in the event they actually do.

I know that there are many young people on this board, who may not exactly know the US or even state laws regarding this issue. In reading other posts, there are some posters who are barely teens, so they have not been prevy to such training on the job. Just because you might be comfortable with a particular situation, it can still violate US or state laws.

Whatever happened to Jason Jackson? I remember him on ESPN. Then he did a local radio show in CT when I lived there (the Jax Show), but that ended a few years ago.

The Jax show stunk and I was glad they brough back the national radio coverage on ESPN radio out of Hartford.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I dislike ESPN for two reasons: Repetitiveness & Rumor Spinning. Repetitiveness because they talk about, in the words of ECW fans, same ol sh-t everyday. For instance, on NFL Live (which I can barely watch now), they will not let the T.O. vs McNabb feud die. You'd think T.O. getting moved out would end it, but NO. They have to talk about his book and McNabb's response. Who gives a hot damn about T.O.'s book? Then they talk about Reggie Bush holding out. Do they not know that like over half of the 1st Round is more than likely going to hold out as well??? No reports on that.

Then the rumor spinning. A-Rod Crisis. Nuff said. And it seems like they want Alfonso Soriano & Bobby Abreu to be traded like its their Xmas wish. Whatever, that rumor that Soriano's going to be traded has been going around since before the season started, and Abreu's too expensive.

I think Harold was probably the only one who didn't think there was a "A-Rod crisis", at least the one going public about it, and they canned him. Frivolous, yes. But it's what I think, so don't be hatin.

I think Harold was probably the only one who didn't think there was a "A-Rod crisis", at least the one going public about it, and they canned him. Frivolous, yes. But it's what I think, so don't be hatin.

You're right about this, ThaFlame. There most definitely is no "A-Rod" crisis. The only place where I've heard anyone even imply of trading A-Rod is ESPN and Baseball Tonight. Clearly the people disagree with ESPN about having an "A-Rod" crisis, because their is no "A-Rod"crisis. They need to promote up at ESPN. So they promote this "A-Rod crisis" Well, everyone out there knows there's no "A-Rod crisis" so I guess when one of the people who work for you (Reynolds) knows that you couldn't be more wrong (ESPN) you dump him. Stupid, stupid, stupid on ESPN's part. I hope OLN/VS can compete with these idiots big time.

Speaking of which, they're talking about it (the "crisis") right now...

during a Detroit vs. Cleveland game. What in the hell does that have to do with anything? Kinda reminds me of a WWE Sunday Night Heat show. The announcers will talk about anything BUT the game.

But yeah, who started this? Steve Phillips. The guy who went on a telecast drunk. And yet they fire Harold Renyolds???

Speaking of which, they're talking about it (the "crisis") right now...

during a Detroit vs. Cleveland game. What in the hell does that have to do with anything? Kinda reminds me of a WWE Sunday Night Heat show. The announcers will talk about anything BUT the game.

But yeah, who started this? Steve Phillips. The guy who went on a telecast drunk. And yet they fire Harold Renyolds???

No Sutcliff went on Drunk Steve Phillips is the one who had a sexual harrasement suit filed against him while GM of the Mets. So it's actually more ironic.

can i just add a bias two cents in here considering where i am from but i am sick of BBTN and SC not even caring about how freaking amazing the twins are doing right now.......i am also suprised that they havent spun the three way deal between the Nats, Yanks and Phils sending ARod to the nats Abreu to the Yanks and Soriano to the Phils......im suprised that ESPN hasnt tried to pull that over on us and trying to convince us that it is a real possibility.......another thing getting back to my first point how do you give no love to a team that has been playing baseball the right way over the past 40+ games......another complaint that i have is that they call themselves the worldwide leader in sports and they mention nothing of hockey at all ( i know i know they do not own the rights to the NHL) but come on this has been one of the craziest off seasons in recent NHL history esp the Bert for Luongo deal.......if that happend in any of the other sports such as baseball we would have had like 8 BBTNs devoted to it along with half of ATH and PTI on it as well. It would have made the start of SC for weeks.......oh and has anyone heard of how TO is adjusting being away from the eagles or being with the Tuna becasue i think they need to break that down a little more becasue according to John Clayton (a black man traped in a middle aged white mans body) that parcells got upset with TO in the BLT line in camp becasue TO insisted that it was pronounced To-may-to and parcells argued that it was To-mah-to. So Clayton is also reporting that there is going to be an afterword in is book about the insident and this time TO is going to write it to make sure that he doesnt get misquoted (hey did you guys hear that.......TO of all people misquoted)

Sorry i got of topic a bit but goodbye to Harold (the only guy to show Torii Hunter the love that he truely deserves) and somone save us from phillips and kruk please

ESPN is on a steep decline just look at what they are showing tonight darts and poker

Well ESPN could show old games that we like to watch in place of darts and poker. Oh wait no, that all goes on ESPN Classic. Well, ESPN could show some college stuff in place of darts and poker...oh want no that's on ESPN U. You see ESPN has nothing to show now because they have allocated all the extra stuff we used to like to watch into premium channels to try to make more money. If darts and poker actually were to get real big ratings over the next few years then we may eventually have ESPN-Vegas on our hands...or something to that extent.

It's obvious ESPN isn't sports anymore. It's entertainment. If you're a good sports reporter you go to ESPNews. If you're a comedian you get to go to SportsCenter. That's how it works there. The ESPY's? Come on! Like we really need to lavish our athletes with MORE praise than they already get? However, ESPN does focus on ESPY-type stuff more often than real reporting. In fact reporting the news has really changed. It's primarily biased and sensationalized everywhere you go. I should know this because I have worked for several news stations. There's an old saying we used to have: "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story." That's generally the main view today. Society is into gossip, rumors, ways to tear people down, and mindless entertainment. Therefore that's what the networks are giving them. Most people in the 17-35 year old age range won't watch local news or read newspapers. They'll read stuff on the internet or watch sensationalized news programs because it's more fun. As these people get older it's going to get worse because the younger kids will follow that trend. Anyways enough of my opinions, nobody really cares anyway, haha.

About HR...I really liked listening to him. He came off as intelligent and really know what he was talking about. There are times on ESPN that you listen to a guy talk and go wow the only reason you're working there is because you're an ex-athlete. Reynolds really broke everything down to you so that it was understandable. He was as great for people just getting into baseball as for those who have followed it for years. There has to be either a money issue or some behind the scenes fiasco that got him fired because we know it had nothing to do with performance. The news industry is a very odd animal and it tends to make irrational decisions. I intend to follow this story because I'm very curious as to why Reynolds was fired.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I want to watch SPorts Games Im fed up with no alternate game during black outs onmce again we in New York get screwed becuase they have to shwo the Yankees all the bloody time.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I want to watch SPorts Games Im fed up with no alternate game during black outs onmce again we in New York get screwed becuase they have to shwo the Yankees all the bloody time.

Right. I gotta agree with you here Tank. They should definitely have an alternate game. I know they used to have Minnesota vs. Cleveland or Oakland vs. Tampa Bay. Ya know, games like that. In the markets that are not as big as New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or Chicago. If I want to watch the Yankees (which I normally don't) I'll tune in to YES. F*** you ESPN. Oh yeah, and instead of showing a game, they simulcast ESPNEWS. If I want to watch ESPNEWS, I'll ****ing turn on ESPNEWS!!

Exactly

Wow now that was a completely necessary post! ONE WHOLE WORD! I'm not the biggest on following rules but "Exactly" comes off as more of an instant message than a post. I know nobody is perfect, and I know I definately am not, but at least have a sentence worth of something to say please!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Because I like to pile on, was I the only one who saw DOMINOS on ESPN? I was the gym on a Saturday afternoon and that's what looked like it was on ESPN. In their defense, it may have been ESPN2 with Women's World Cup Softball (huh?) on ESPN. Either way, some NFL Films presentations probably would have fit in a bit better.

For what it's worth, one thing I really liked that ESPN introduced was the first season of the AND1 tour. Back then when the players weren't celebrities, weren't on magazine covers and didn't have video game and soft drink deals, they had pretty compelling stories and were amazing to watch. By the third season, watching them lose to local pick-up teams in ugly jerseys playing in big arenas got to be just plain sad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Because I like to pile on, was I the only one who saw DOMINOS on ESPN? I was the gym on a Saturday afternoon and that's what looked like it was on ESPN. In their defense, it may have been ESPN2 with Women's World Cup Softball (huh?) on ESPN. Either way, some NFL Films presentations probably would have fit in a bit better.

For what it's worth, one thing I really liked that ESPN introduced was the first season of the AND1 tour. Back then when the players weren't celebrities, weren't on magazine covers and didn't have video game and soft drink deals, they had pretty compelling stories and were amazing to watch. By the third season, watching them lose to local pick-up teams in ugly jerseys playing in big arenas got to be just plain sad.

Yes you saw dominoes. It is originally produced for ESPN Desportes, as their version of the "World Series of Poker", but since most don't have Desportes on their basic package, why not show it during the day. Most MFL Films products are now on NFL Network.

Archived