A Couple NFL Alts

rebelx

Have either Green Bay or Tampa Bay actually worn their alts on the field? I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers haven't (I can't picture that jersey looking all that great combined with their helmets), but if Tampa Bay hasn't worn theirs, I can't really imagine why; those black alts look really cool.

Purely Fashion Jerseys

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think the NFL faux alt recurring topic is the most annoying of them all, seconded by best/worst poll and political correctness gone awry.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

anyone have an image of the silver fashion alts the Panthers put out? i remember sitting by some folks w the morgan 55 and peppers 90. never game worn, and quite ugly.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The Rams also have an alternate but I've never seen them wear their's either:

p1496191dt.jpg

in a weird way, i kinda like that jersey.

I would wear that.

But, I would wear any fashion jersey.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I keep tellin em the Packers gold would look great with white pants...but nobody listens to me, I'm just teh board lunatic :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On this topic, I saw someone wearing a black Boomer Esiason jersey from the Jets early 90's uniforms.

Anybody know if those are purely fashion jerseys, or were ever planned for game use? I didn't realize they were doing the fashion jersey thing that far back.

oh yeah, those were just fan jerseys. as I mention every time this topic's brought up, I recall I started to see em in middle school (so somewhere between 94 and 97). Heh, I know yall remember reversible jerseys :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You know, that Rams fashion jersey is a gold jersey that might actually work on the field.

I think the main problem with the Niners' and Saints' gold ones is that if worn together with their helmets, there's a proliferation of gold, which looks pretty gawdy (the Saints, of course, found this out the hard way for that one game in 2002; anyone have a pic, by any chance?).

The Rams, on the other hand, don't have a helmet where gold is the primary color, and the combo of navy helmet with some gold and gold jersey with some navy might actually be rather tasteful (provided they wear the navy pants as part of the set, of course :P).

oh yeah, those were just fan jerseys. as I mention every time this topic's brought up, I recall I started to see em in middle school (so somewhere between 94 and 97). Heh, I know yall remember reversible jerseys :D

Oh, man, I do! Way to take me back. When fashion jerseys were in their infancy, I remember seeing a Starter black Packers jersey (back in the era of 5-stripe sleeves,) featuring green numbers outlined in yellow. To be honest, I still want one of those.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived