Buffalo Sabres to unveil jerseys today

js °

I hope they dont cheap out, keeping the navy helmets and pants with the throwback 3rds. Hopefully they have pants covers with the old royal pants and white and yellow striping. Same with the helmets, hopefully having royal blue with the old logo decals on them.

Sorry they will not match next year.

Is that confirmed?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope they dont cheap out, keeping the navy helmets and pants with the throwback 3rds. Hopefully they have pants covers with the old royal pants and white and yellow striping. Same with the helmets, hopefully having royal blue with the old logo decals on them.

If the Oilers can do it, why can't the Sabres?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Is that confirmed?

Team President Larry Quinn stated it yesterday. They are bringing back the old jerseys (same old jersey color) but will modify them later to match the new navy blue. Why can't they just do it? Ask the NHL they got rules about 3rd jerseys and when you can have them and when changes can be made. Another side note the Sabres asked the NHL to allow them to wear their throwback white jerseys at home, but were shut down and had to go with the blue one.

barfalo.jpg

If it looks like barf, and smells like barf, chances are you don't want it on the front of your shirt.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Is that confirmed?

Team President Larry Quinn stated it yesterday. They are bringing back the old jerseys (same old jersey color) but will modify them later to match the new navy blue. Why can't they just do it? Ask the NHL they got rules about 3rd jerseys and when you can have them and when changes can be made. Another side note the Sabres asked the NHL to allow them to wear their throwback white jerseys at home, but were shut down and had to go with the blue one.

The reason behind this is bureacracy ... The NHL would allow a team to wear a VINTAGE jersey, as its already in place with approvals, and merchandise production guidelines, etc. ... but they have a rule stating that a team cannot unveil a 3rd jersey until they have worn their new home and away jerseys for at least 2 years (this is to basically give them the right amount of time to vet everything properly and also to discourage teams from coming out with a new jersey every week to match trends.

So basically, 2 years after wearing their allowed vintage, they will change to a new 3rd, which will simply match the old in every way .. just with color changes.

right .. i'm not saying they'd be these, but just using that as a means to paint a visual in your head, where the armpit area still has this effect, but the side panels, down to the bottom middle of the jersey would appear as sabres

Got it, yeah. Yeah, I don't think I'd like that.

Can anyone get me a picture of these new jerseys?

810-HAWERCHUKD-BUF.jpg

I didn't say the vintage third jerseys, i said the new ones.

It's a twofer: The stupidest post and the stupidest sig. Congratulations!

Hey, :censored: you!

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

phenomenal,

for the record, i happen to like your sig. ^_^

JS,

after the buffaslug flop, they should hire you to redesign the buffalo sabres logos/uniforms. you have a much better concept on how the sabres should look like than the so called 'professional' designers that they hired.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

QUOTE (Phenomenal @ Friday, July 28th, 2006 - 14:22:59)

It's a twofer: The stupidest post and the stupidest sig. Congratulations!

Seriously... you have to post this? I mean its one thing to correct someone on etiquette of the boards but to reply with this is just lame. One might say the same thing about your Street Fighter character.

I know I'm leaving myself up for attack, since I do not know how to post the quotes properly, but gimme a break.

By identifying yourself as a "female body inspector" you're making one of two bold statements.

Either:

1) "I am 14 years old and at least seven years away from losing my virginity."

or

2) "I am an idiot frat boy."

Oh, and the Buffaslug still sucks. I've always felt that the old royal blue needed a bit of white on it, something like this:

Sabres.gif

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

By identifying yourself as a "female body inspector" you're making one of two bold statements.

Either:

or

Ouch ^_^

untitled-6.jpg

Either:

or

Ouch ^_^

oh dats cold!

sorry, just an old early 90's saying that was popular in high school.

I guess I'm revealing my age :wacko:

Well, we've got two months to wait until the new logo and jersey is unveiled...

Anything to do to pass the time?

Gripe about it more? :unsure:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

While I am glad to see the old look for the 15 games, most merchandise will have the main new logo on it, and the new logo will be what's under the center ice at HSBC. You don't see much merchandise now with the crossed sabres that is the current alternate logo. But then again, maybe since this new logo is such a dud, vendors will make merchandise with the old logo since that stuff will sell.

Archived