Buffalo Sabres to unveil jerseys today

js °

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if the slugalo is jumping over the player number, which is pierced with a sabre?

Well, that would suck.

Indeed.

Pretty much anything with slugalo would suck.

My most solid guess, though, is that slugalo will be some sort of wrap-around, or very large over the shoulder graphic.

I'm also thinking the sabres/swords will be some ghastly sublimated design that the

Slug is then leaping over and through. Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth.

Something like this.

slugconcept.gif

It's a concept I did a few days ago thinking that they might do something like tha. Right now I'm in the middle of reworking it.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Something like this.

slugconcept.gif

It's a concept I did a few days ago thinking that they might do something like tha. Right now I'm in the middle of reworking it.

They look more like the Buffalo Ski's than Sabres. Well they do get a lot of snow up there.

Something like this.

slugconcept.gif

Jerseys with ambitious striping designs are a problem, as very ably displayed by the goat's head jersey.

Sabres8.gif

Somebody at the design meeting probably thought "Ooh! Look at the stripes! They form a buffalo's head! How clever". Yup. How clever, indeed. In order for it to look like a buffalo's head when it's worn by a player is for the player to stand with his arms out stretched out to the sides. And that happens ALL the time in hockey.

So teams even bother seeing how their jersey looks on a player, instead of just lying flat on a drawing board? Simple stripes are the best way to go.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

My most solid guess, though, is that slugalo will be some sort of wrap-around, or very large over the shoulder graphic.

Oh god no. Is there something in the water up there in Buffalo? First the Bills decide to corner the U.S. helmet stripe market and wear those ridiculous bibs (as well as multiple shades of blue), then this...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

so i assume we have ventured off of the fact that this thread was supposed to show the newly unveiled uniforms of the sabres.  to me i havent seen one thing about an unveiling in the past 20 hours.

The third jerseys have been revealed. The primary home and aways have not. Did you read any of this thread?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Direct from WGR550's Lockerroom Club:

The Buffalo Sabres have announced their 2006 preseason schedule, and the debut of the new logo and color scheme. Buffalo will play four road games including their opener in Toronto on Monday, September 18th at 7pm. Other road games include Columbus, Ottawa, and Pittsburgh. Buffalo's final preseason matchup against Pittsburgh on September 30th will be their only home game, and feature the new look for the Sabres. The schedule also features one neutral site game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton on September 23 against Pittsburgh. The entire schedule is as follows:

Monday, 9/18 -- Buffalo at Toronto, 7:30 p.m. (Air Canada Centre)

Tuesday, 9/19 -- Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m. (Nationwide Arena)

Friday, 9/22 -- Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m. (Scotiabank Place)

Saturday, 9/23 -- Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh @ Hamilton, Ont., 7:30 p.m.

Friday, 9/29 -- Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. (Mellon Arena)

Saturday, 9/30 -- Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

One thing dawned on me tonight as I went through some old papers regarding the Sabres project. What if by "uniform" Quinn is actually refering to not only the jersey, but how combined with the pants make complete statement. What if the Sabres come out with something like in football where the pants and jerseys line up to make a continous striping?? Think sidepanels and piping in the NHL, hmmmm....this could another option. We're all talking about the jersey, let's think about the uniform

as a complete package. The local Buffalo radio jocks have said they've seen the whole uniform on a player and like how it brings it all together and puts it into context. Nothing is going to change my opinion about the Slug it blows. But if they come out with a half decent, never been done before uniform it could be interesting.

The Buffalo Sabres have announced their 2006 preseason schedule, and the debut of the new logo and color scheme. Buffalo will play four road games including their opener in Toronto on Monday, September 18th at 7pm. Other road games include Columbus, Ottawa, and Pittsburgh. Buffalo's final preseason matchup against Pittsburgh on September 30th will be their only home game, and feature the new look for the Sabres. The schedule also features one neutral site game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton on September 23 against Pittsburgh. The entire schedule is as follows:

So what do they wear for the first 5 games? The new alternate (old road)?

The Buffalo Sabres have announced their 2006 preseason schedule, and the debut of the new logo and color scheme.  Buffalo will play four road games including their opener in Toronto on Monday, September 18th at 7pm.  Other road games include Columbus, Ottawa, and Pittsburgh.  Buffalo's final preseason matchup against Pittsburgh on September 30th will be their only home game, and feature the new look for the Sabres.  The schedule also features one neutral site game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton on September 23 against Pittsburgh.  The entire schedule is as follows: 

So what do they wear for the first 5 games? The new alternate (old road)?

I would assume so...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Archived