LA D-FENDERS

brooksdiamond

Los Angles D-Fenders

CRAPTACTULAR!

The team was actually going to be the Los Angeles Breakers, as that name had won the name the team poll, until they found out that there was some semi-pro team in LA with the name, so they went to the number two choice which somehow turned out to be D-Fenders

Signature intentionally left blank

Los Angles D-Fenders

CRAPTACTULAR!

The team was actually going to be the Los Angeles Breakers, as that name had won the name the team poll, until they found out that there was some semi-pro team in LA with the name, so they went to the number two choice which somehow turned out to be D-Fenders

I think it was due to this team:

http://www.labreakers.net/

Is it D-Fenders because they're trying to emphasis that it is a D(evlopmental) league or is there another reason for that spelling?

D-Fenders? So, by the team's nature, they won't be able to shoot, right? What a s***box nickname. I do find it hysterical that the first choice for a name got bumped because of a team of basketball-playing dwarves. They've got a website and everything, Lakers - way to do your research before making "Breakers" a potential nickname for your D-League team. Now, you get what you deserve for floating one decent (but already taken) idea for a team name in a sea of crap.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Since that ball in the logo looks different from a traditional basketball, I'll bet some dopes won't be able to figure out what sport this is for.

I think he has a point. Having a logo that clearly identifies this as a basketball team is important. Why? Have you seen a D-League game? It is very difficult to identify what they play as basketball.

BroncosSig.jpg

Since that ball in the logo looks different from a traditional basketball, I'll bet some dopes won't be able to figure out what sport this is for. Especially with the Arsenal logo that doesn't resemble a current NBA team I'll bet some folks will scratch their heads.

It's the new NBA ball.

bSLCtu2.png

The D-Fenders sounds better for a Detroit team. The Pistons are good at defense, and a fender is a part of a car.

It's not what you put on the floor and much as you put on the court...right Kobe? :P

The name is so lame. Yes I get the fact that they play in the d-league, but is a dash really necessary when you only omit one letter? It looks more like a game of hangman than a professional nickame.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived