Championship Voting

GameCock82

while i like the event logo, it lacks a human element that world cup logos tend to have.

See, I saw a person, with their arms raised, the center panel ont he ball their head.

But, largely logo decisions and preferences are just a feeling, and not a real quantifyable difference.

With that said, I vote for Concept 1

But both are excellent. Terriffic championship work. You guys both are champs, but you know that.

Oh, and BTW, Team 1, generally a WC logo has the 'raised arms' logo in it as well, like team 2 did. Just a note.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team 1, but damn that was a hard decision to make! 6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

You both should be proud of your efforts, not just in this round, but throughout the competition. Stellar work, gentlemen.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm torn. Team 1 has a great identity for the Ivory Coast, but I find the World Cup logo to be hard to read, although it is a very lively logo. Team 2 has an awesome World Cup logo and Uniforms for France, but the French logo really only represents Paris, and not the rest of the country.

In the end, I vote for team 1, just on the basis that I can see the World Cup logo in it being used, where as I can't see the team logo for team 2 being used.

So to clarify, I vote for Team 1.

But it was a damn fine job by both contestants. I wish I would have participated in the competition with everyone, but time constraints beat me.

Both are well executed, but my vote goes for Team #1. As for the French concept, where's the rooster?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I gave the event logo and identity more weight than the team identity.

TEAM IDENTITY

The uniforms are a straight draw for me. I love the simplicity and boldness of the Ivory Coast, and I love the innovation of France. I don't see things I don't like. The logos, however do offer an advantage, even though I don't find either one to be particularly great. I am disappointed to see such quality in the event logos and such bleh in the team crests. Team 2 has created a creast featuring a national symbol, but I think a rooster should be the national symbol on the crest. And if I was French, I would be pissed that you didn't include my star for winning the '98 Cup. Thus, Team 1 wins the half advantage for not making those mistakes on it's team crest.

(Advantage: Team 1 by a lil.)

EVENT IDENTITY

Team 1 has created a very nice image with a very solid concept behind it. Africa is home to a lot of handmade culture, and the brushed look of the strokes reflects that well. The human embrace forming a heart and a 2 is very cleverly loaded and well executed. Then comes the text. Everything about "Unite the World!" is hokey. It's not brushed. It has a fine outline when everything else is defined by beautifully bold strokes, and it just looks like advertisement text. The "World Cup 2010" text is so boring and uninspired. It is uncohesive with the logo, and they just don't look good together at all. Team 2 has created a great image and great text that is both clever and cohesive. The morphing of the ball's pentagon into the flag's triangle is absolutely wonderful. I love the way in which this designer has incorporated the hand drawn aspect of African culture by using jittery lines for the image and a wonky text that fits well with the style of the drawing. The sun alone is not quite the concept that the hug/2/heart is, but that presence of the flag as a focal point makes the sun just subtle and subdued enough for it to be more of a complimentary concept than a primary concpt, which is perfectly acceptable. Bonus points for seamlessly including the official FIFA World Cup logo. Makes it look very polished and official. I could see it on my TV.

(Advantage: Team 2 by a landslide.)

Well, that made my decision easy. Team 2's positives overcome its negatives in a big way and lead it to victory. It's a shame it doesn't look like Team 2 will win. Had I given the event and the team equal weight, Team 2 still would have won, for the record.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

team 2 in the smallest of margins over team 1

i like team 1's uni's better (possibly in part because of the template) and i like team 2's event logo better - both have equally impressive team logo's...in my mind the event logo is more difficult to make than the uniforms, thus the win for team 2

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived