Anniversary Logos

nd1irish

By the way, the Seattle skyline would be a great addition to the current Supersonics logo. Isn't it weird how anniversary logos could often make good primaries with some tweaks?

Like this?

Sonics.jpg

That's sharp. But can you think of anyway to finish the basketball circle or actually interupt it rather than just having it stop? It seems awkward to just cut the basketball off there.

Eitherway, that'd be a good thought for the Sonics.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's sharp. But can you think of anyway to finish the basketball circle or actually interupt it rather than just having it stop? It seems awkward to just cut the basketball off there.

It really doesn't look that good if you continue the circle; all there'll be is a wide open green space.

The original skyline logo was cut off, too, but instead of making it straight, I curved it like the rest of the logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Basketba...BA/SEA_5716.gif

I could make it symmetrical, but I don't think it looks that good.

Sonics2.jpg

Save the slugalo.

It really doesn't look that good if you continue the circle; all there'll be is a wide open green space.

The original skyline logo was cut off, too, but instead of making it straight, I curved it like the rest of the logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Basketba...BA/SEA_5716.gif

I could make it symmetrical, but I don't think it looks that good.

Sonics2.jpg

I think this one looks much better, it's not so ankwardly cut anymore.

I love the anniversary logo. I was really happy when they changed from their Superman Red logo back to the original colors. That was the only positive thing Schultz did while being owner. I like the old skyline look but I think I prefer their surrent 'S' logo. Its simple and classy. Besides, I dont think anyone would recognize OKC's skyline in a few years.

2000Patch.jpg

I love the anniversary logo. I was really happy when they changed from their Superman Red logo back to the original colors. That was the only positive thing Schultz did while being owner. I like the old skyline look but I think I prefer their surrent 'S' logo. Its simple and classy. Besides, I dont think anyone would recognize OKC's skyline in a few years.

heh, you say tomato, I say apple :D

I never really leaned either way towards the skyline logo, but I loved the mid 90s unis. The current logo, I feel, barely deserves to be called as such.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Nuggets will have 2 patches that they will wear on their warmups and throwback jerseys.

645.jpg

The orange patch is for when they were known as the Denver Rockets.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Love that Sonics logo. And I would love to see that skyline again like a couple of you have presented! I was in kindergarten when the Sonics beat the Bullets and have fond memories of that champioship year. "Downtown" Freddie Brown, Jack Sikma, DJ, Gus Johnson, Wally Walker (although he sucks now!), Paul Silas, and crew. They were fun to watch! Bring back the Skyline!!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Since this thread got resurrected, I'll post this from the LeBRon Bobblehead Topic.

Now that I think about it: I think that's what the Cavaliers may be celebrating with this "25 Years" deal. It's been 25 years since the franchise escaped the Stepien era. After Stepien sold the team to the Gunds... the Cavaliers were re-born. Well... the CAVS were born... The team was in danger of leaving town.

In the summer of 1986, the team hired Wayne Embry as General Manager and Lenny Wilkens as head coach, drafted center Brad Daugherty with the number one overall selection and shooting guard Ron Harper with the eighth overall selection and acquired Mark Price and Craig Ehlo. The season marked the beginning of an unforgettable period of time for the Cavs franchise and began a run of playoff contention for years to come.

Guys,

The Cleveland Cavaliers have been a pathetic, putrid franchise for much of thier existence. That 86-87 season was the begining of the only era of Cavs basketball (other than the current) that didnt totally suck. The Price, Daugherty, Harper, Nance era.

I agree that its silly to commemorate that, but what else are the Cavs going to do?? They have to/ want to get in on the whole retro thing and there is nothing else to commemorate.

I'm always amused when teams have anniversary logos of like "10th year since X championship!" I mean seriously, do you need to remind everyone how many years its been since you were relevant in your sport?

The Chicago White Sox haven't had a chance to do this, really, but you just KNOW they're gonna.

By the way, the Seattle skyline would be a great addition to the current Supersonics logo. Isn't it weird how anniversary logos could often make good primaries with some tweaks?

Why would Chicago do this. They won the world series 2 years ago.

Archived