UCLA new road football uniforms

Survival79

Coaches Upset Over Rule to Speed Up Game

By David Wharton, Times Staff Writer

July 28, 2006

The Bruins will wear new-look road uniforms. The old navy blue numbers have been replaced by a lighter shade of blue and will be outlined in gold and navy blue. The shoulder stripes will also be the lighter shade.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

UCLA now has, IMO, the best unis in all of College Football.

:D They don't even have the best unis in all of Los Angeles.

"The Raiders don't live there no mo"

Pwned. :P

But yeah, I know USC has some kickass uniforms. It's just that now that UCLA did 2 things (change to block numbering, and now make the numbering baby blue), and now their unis are #1 in not only LA, but in the NCAA, IMO.

Oooooh, that's nice. But with the 3-color numbers, don't the shoulder stripes seem a bit, well, incomplete? I feel like there should be thin navy stripes on either side of each powder blue stripe. I'm at work and away from even the most rudimentary of graphics programs - anyone wanna mock that up?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oooooh, that's nice. But with the 3-color numbers, don't the shoulder stripes seem a bit, well, incomplete? I feel like there should be thin navy stripes on either side of each powder blue stripe. I'm at work and away from even the most rudimentary of graphics programs - anyone wanna mock that up?

Fully agreed. The navy looks very unbalanced being only around the numbers and nowhere else on the jersey. Then again, there's no Carolina Blue on the helmets, either.

I was hoping they'd go back to the rounded numbers they used a few years ago to pay homage to what they used in the '60s. They worked for UCLA and made their uniforms stand out.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Meh. I don't really like it. I always liked the navy blue numbers and stripes on UCLA's road unis. I always liked the fact that UCLA's home and away unis featured different shades of blue. It was unique. The lighter blue w/ navy outline works on the home uni (w/ the navy blue script "Ucla" on the helmets), but not on the road whites. The navy now just looks like an afterthought on the road unis.

Plus, I too liked the rounded numbers.

Take away the dark blue outline on the numbers and you have yourself a winner.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Meh. I don't really like it. I always liked the navy blue numbers and stripes on UCLA's road unis. I always liked the fact that UCLA's home and away unis featured different shades of blue. It was unique. The lighter blue w/ navy outline works on the home uni (w/ the navy blue script "Ucla" on the helmets), but not on the road whites. The navy now just looks like an afterthought on the road unis.

I agree with you more than disagree. The navy numerals work since the "UCLA" script is in navy. Nobody worries about it with the home jersey since our eyes look at the powder blue. If you are looking for brand consistency, with basketball, then OK, I can take it. However as a stand alone, I prefer the older version with block numerals.

Nice - about time that got rid of that 'stupid' looking numbers (currly font) - not a bad look - a bit too much black or is it navy blue?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Nice - about time that got rid of that 'stupid' looking numbers (currly font) - not a bad look - a bit too much black or is it navy blue?

Welcome to a couple years ago, scout ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Meh.  I don't really like it.  I always liked the navy blue numbers and stripes on UCLA's road unis.  I always liked the fact that UCLA's home and away unis featured different shades of blue.  It was unique.  The lighter blue w/ navy outline works on the home uni (w/ the navy blue script "Ucla" on the helmets), but not on the road whites.  The navy now just looks like an afterthought on the road unis.

I agree--I like the navy stripes on the away uniforms for continuity purposes.

Also, you guys might like this picture from the 1962 Rose Bowl:

rosebowl62.jpg

I guess their old jerseys had no gold on them at all. And also note both teams are in colored jerseys--a relic of the past.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

UCLA now has, IMO, the best unis in all of College Football.

:D They don't even have the best unis in all of Los Angeles.

"The Raiders don't live there no mo"

Pwned. :P

But yeah, I know USC has some kickass uniforms. It's just that now that UCLA did 2 things (change to block numbering, and now make the numbering baby blue), and now their unis are #1 in not only LA, but in the NCAA, IMO.

Not even close. USC has it all over UCLA, not the least being the uniforms.

Archived