Varsity Sports?

Brass

2 years, stats nerd for Football/Basketball

2 years (Captain both years) Ice Hockey

and to top it off...

4 years (captain all 4 years) Academic Rally (History/Geography/Physics/Grammar/Literature)

And yes, I got letters for the last one, stupid jocks. ;):P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

i plan on trying out for baseball and basketball as a freshman. I'll be happy if i make it to a freshman team. :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I lettered on Varsity Indoor and Outdoor track sophomore year, and finished 10th in the confrence meet in the 400m in the outdoor season.

Then my junior and senior years I played lacrosse, where i picked up the most bench time for a two year player in school history.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I ran varsity cross-country and track for 4 years. I also played JH basketball, and so I practiced with the varsity during the spring, but I figured I had enough on my plate.

I also lettered in academics for 4 years :D

AM.gif

whats varsity sports?

I guess if this was an aussie-dominated board, you could call it "them yanks do things funny over there, don't they?" :D

in most of the world, like Australia for instance, you have club teams. usually, there's the big club, with several younger teams under their wing (e.g. the senior club, then U-19, U-17, and so on)...but I figure you already knew that.

here, the big thing's to represent your high school's varsity. here's the usual hierarchy:

Varsity: top level, the level that gets all the press. predominantly seniors and juniors. generally, sophomores are put on varsity if they're good or the varsity needs someone to fill a spot due to injury/suspension.

Junior Varsity: second from top, generally varsity backups if there's a Varsity/Soph/Frosh system, or the second team if there's only Varsity/JV. Depending on roster size, there might not even be a JV.

Sophomore and Freshman: third and fourth from top, these teams are usually filled with sophomores and freshmen, respectively. generally, players only stay one year at these levels, though there are exceptions. not all teams at a given school field sophomore or freshman teams.

if you do half decently on varsity, you earn a letter, which is sewn onto a letter jacket in your school's colors (or in my case, kept in a plastic bag cus I still can't afford to buy a jacket).

the colleges USED to have freshman teams because it used to be that freshmen couldn't play on varsity, but nowadays almost all the big colleges only have a varsity team with 80 guys on the bench. Virginia Tech and Air Force are the only big schools I know for sure have JV's anymore (and I'd speculate Army and Navy also have JV teams), and I know Va Tech's JV usually only plays one game a year.

I lettered in marching band. Does that count?

Yes, that counts. no second-class citizens here.

ah makes sense, cheers mate

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

You know what's kind of scary, thinking back on it?

My school had a rifle team, and everyone on could have easily been voted most likely to shoot up the school.

really? A rifle team?

I guess that's not that wierd, we had a fencing team. Club of course.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived