International Rugby Project

Gazzzaf

I'm looking forward to your work and concepts ass usual, but this template is a downgrade from your other projects. IMO

Saying that, I like this kit. Can not wait to see what you do for Canada. :flagcanada:

Just a thought, in the 90's, Canada had jersey with Maple Leafs falling off the shoulders, red, black, blue, green, yellow, pick a colour it had it. If you make Canada, maybe something like that but red, black, and white. This is not a request, just bouning an idea off you. Again looking forward to the rest of this project!

Yeah I figured the new template would get some mixed reacton so I'll explain. In my last few collections the images were far too big (it looked pretty big on my monitor and I run 1280x960 resoluton). I decided to shrink it down as well as strip down parts I didnt think were essential to the concept (namely the side view). If you have any suggestions I can see if I can work them into the template for the next collection.

Now my plan was to cover 16 teams in the collection. I chose them by going to The IRB Website and selecting the top 16 teams on the rankings page (as of 25th July). These teams are:

NEW ZEALAND

FRANCE

AUSTRALIA

SOUTH AFRICA

IRELAND

ENGLAND

SCOTLAND

ARGENTINA

WALES

SAMOA

FIJI

ITALY

CANADA

USA

ROMANIA

TONGA

If you want a team that isnt on this list just post a request here and I'll see what I can do. I'll probably have Argentina up in the next few hours so sit tight.

sig.png

Well Judging by your Super 14 concepts, I'd say these will looks pretty sweet, and some already do. The simple design for them is really cool and effective. Can't wait to see Canada's. Just a thought though, once you have completed these, why not try your hand at the Air New Zealand Cup teams and the Hearland Championship teams. (The renamed Air New Zealand NPC compatition)

Yeah I might do that later on, I'm thinking of doing a bit of English Premier Leaue or something next.

The simple look works really well for rugby teams, each sport has its own style and simplicity is definately rugby's thing.

Anyways, here's the US:

USA1.gifUSA2.gif

What I've done with this set is split the 16 nations into three groups: Europe (Eng, Ire, Sco, Fra, Wal, Rom, Ita), Oceania/Africa (Aus, NZ, RSA, Sam, Fij, Ton) and the Americas (Arg, USA, Can). I've tried to order it so that each group is interchanged. Because the third group is small, those teams will appear less frequently. I've got Argentina and the US done, so Canada mightn't be revealed until the end of the collection. Hopefully that wont be too far off.

sig.png

Very nice. I'm curious what you're going to do with the top 6, especially the All Blacks and the Springboks. If you're still taking requests for other countries, how about the Cherry Blossoms (Japan) and for a random country, the 77th ranked country in the IRB, Jamaica. Just for fun really.

Archived