Fantasy logo - dragons

-(dp)-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are the primary and secondary, with some minor tweaks. I changed the goatee and teeth a little on the primary. On the secondary, I made the nose shorter, and made the horns go outward a little bit more.

dragonlogoalt2.png

I also made some more wordmarks. I finally figured out how to get more fonts on inkscape, so I have more now. Tell me if you like one of these, or if I should do something different.

dragonswordmarks.png

So, which font do you guys like best? Do you know of a certain font that may look better? Any suggestions on making the primary and secondary better?

Please tell me what you think.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I made some more minor changes to the logos. On the primary, I changed the teeth some more. I added back the fang in the front, but made it only slightly larger than the other teeth. On the secondary, I made the nose shorter again, and added more bright orange to the left side of the dragon head. I also added a goatee.

dragonlogoalt3.png

Please tell me what you think.

MegatronSig2.jpg

For the secondary, try removing the gragon head altogether. With the head on there, it looks like the dragon flew into the shield, and its head popped through. The wings accentuate that point. Also, If you are going to use the head, take the goatee off. With it, the dragon looks like he's upchucking his lunch.

My opinion for the secondary: Find a nice font, and use the D of that font and put it on the shield. Eliminates the spewing texas longhorn and creates a very nice effect.

Don't take my critiques too harshly, I love what you've done. Way ahead of anything I can do; I'd be thrilled if I came up with your original. I like the secondary dragon, but I just don't feel it belongs there.

I like the top right font the most. The logo has a lot of green and plenty of curved strokes. The top right wordmark shares those distinctions as well and is nicely balanced. My only remaining nitpick with it: I would remove the pointy feature from the interior of the G. It doesn't quite seem to go with the flow.

LT

DragonsPtND.gif

I was having a little play with wordmarks for your Dragon logo.

Which is awesome by the way.

I hope you like this, if so, I'll either send you the file (PM me if you want it) or can relay instructions on how I did it.

I used this font:

http://www.fonts101.com/xt_fontdetails_az_...ystal~font.html

And it all sort of fell into place from there.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

rmered's wordmark is very attractive, though personally, I'd increase the width of the black stroke to about double what it currently is, and bending it a bit so it doesn't perfectly follow the contours of the orange stroke.

I'm also mildly concerned that the highlight angle was swapped to the opposite side (right instead of left), which makes it look a bit weird next to the logo, and the highlight colour doesn't quite match that of the dragon (thereby adding an extra colour to the logo package).

But I think the typography suits the logo down to the ground.

Might be worth checking out the St George Illawarra Dragons' new wordmark (released only this year):

http://www.dragons.com.au/images/wallpaper...ral1024x768.jpg

(not sure if that will load, it's in the Red V section of the website)

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Have you tried putting a dark line in between the orange and the green? Especially on the neck, it looks like too much contrast.

I like rmered's wordmark, but I also liked the top-left one you had. One seems to look great on merchandise and such, the other one looks like more of a wordmark you'd have on a jersey.

rmered's wordmark is very attractive, though personally, I'd increase the width of the black stroke to about double what it currently is, and bending it a bit so it doesn't perfectly follow the contours of the orange stroke.

I'm also mildly concerned that the highlight angle was swapped to the opposite side (right instead of left), which makes it look a bit weird next to the logo, and the highlight colour doesn't quite match that of the dragon (thereby adding an extra colour to the logo package).

Might be worth checking out the St George Illawarra Dragons' new wordmark (released only this year):

DragonsPtND2.gif

What needs doing?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

DragonsPtND2.gif

What needs doing?

I think that looks better for the most part.

I'm still a bit so-so about the inner thin black stroke, but I understand its purpose and don't know that it would work at all without it.

I think a bit more variation in the stroke width of the black might make it seem a bit more dynamic (a bit wider at the ends maybe, to thinner in the centre).

I don't know that I can articulate what I'd change. I think it just needs to be played around with.

Not sure about colouring the insides of the 'O' and 'D' in Orange. It looks good, but something is irking me about it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :P.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

i think its great to see how this design has developed. the main thing i think that should change is the secondary with the longhorn/dragon inside the shield. as someone else has already mentioned, it would probably just be best to put a 'D' in there instead of that dragon. not only does it look a little strange, but having a dragon with the dragon wings is...well, just needs some tweeking. great job so far.

SignatureCCSL.png

Archived