South Sydney Rabbits AFC

Discrim

A brief look into the history books reveals that in the shadow of rugby league's famed South Sydney Rabbitohs, lurked a less-successful Aussie rules club of the same name playing in what is now the Sydney Football League. Heh, here we go again: a team that hasn't existed for decades, and that Scrim guy's givin em a new logo. heh, I'm a sucker for dead teams :D

so now I present the logo set

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...abbitsLogos.png

the crest version is modeled after the 80s style AFL crests

and along came the jumpers:

home

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...hSydneyhome.png

this is pretty much modeled after the rugby Rabbitohs' traditional jerseys of green with thin red hoops. the Houston Oilers' original font is used for all three jumpers.

away

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...hSydneyaway.png

I remember seeing a Habs stripe on one of Gazzzaf's NRL concepts several months back, and decided to take some inspiration off that. the small wordmark under the neck reads "Souths"

clash

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...Sydneyclash.png

basically the away in black.

so what yall think about it?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

not a fan of the of colors, at all...

green and red look awful together, in my opinion, anyway... but if you really want to use it, or need to use it for historical purposes, you should either darken the red, or darken the green... i'd suggest going with a forest green and a bright red... both of these colors look so bright, and together they're giving me that clashing effect that kills me. just needs a bit more contrast.

other than that, i really like it.

fonz: eh well, I was thinkin about havin the ears up more, that might be it. I do see where somebody would mistake it for a dog now that I think about it.

Coley: heh, I can't please ya nowadays :D the Aussie rules Rabbits used green and red when they existed, as does the rugby league club I modeled the homes after. heh, you may wanna look away now.

image.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

Don't be knocking the coachwood and myrtle!

Classic rugby league jersey that one, though its horrible for anyone who is red/green colourblind or in black/white newspaper photos.

liverpool-1.png

Coley: heh, I can't please ya nowadays

maybe i just suck at getting my point across...

i really like the concept behind it... just because my critiques are longer-winded than my praise doesn't mean you should pay more attention to it :)

like i said, for a new team, i'd want you to redo the colors... but since you went with those for historical purposes, all i'd suggest is tweaking them to a darker green, to add more contrast.

i still really like the concept.

I'm slowly becoming a convert to the red-green scheme (although I agree with Coley Cole that the green needs to get a bit darker), and I really like how you did this one, Dis. With the home and away jumpers, I like how the white shorts work with them, the clash kit looks best as an all black kit. For some reason, Aussie Rules football really fits your design style very well, so keep those concepts coming...

QPR%20Sig.png

Coley: heh, I can't please ya nowadays

maybe i just suck at getting my point across...

i really like the concept behind it... just because my critiques are longer-winded than my praise doesn't mean you should pay more attention to it :)

like i said, for a new team, i'd want you to redo the colors... but since you went with those for historical purposes, all i'd suggest is tweaking them to a darker green, to add more contrast.

i still really like the concept.

gotcha...as I was thinking about redoing the rabbit's ears anyway, I'll toy with using Packer green

2016cubscreamsig.png

alright, change has come!

RabbitsLogos2.png

the rabbit's ears, as you can see, are now upright instead of floppy, and the green has been darkened.

home

SouthSydneyhome2.png

the shorts have been changed to green with a red/white/red stripe for home, white with red/green/red stripe for the road, that was my call cus I liked how that looked with the black shorts. the collar is now white, with the cuffs being green. also, I took Alpha's suggestion to reduce the number of hoops

away/alternate home

SouthSydneyclash2.png

I didn't wanna get rid of this one in favor of white, but I also couldn't really call this one the clash anymore cus of the darker green. anyways, the socks are now black with a red/green/red stripe, and the collar is now green. the cuffs are red as before.

clash

SouthSydneyaway2.png

I figure there's now enough of a difference between the green and red to make this the clash. other than the logo and color changes, pretty much the same as before.

2016cubscreamsig.png

i think i prefer the logo with the ears down...

but i do really like the updated colors. it's as good as can be done with such a horrible color scheme of red and green to be stuck with.

nice job, overall... i always love critiquing your concepts.

Archived