David Ortiz is unhuman!

Brass

ANOTHER walk-off homerun for him tonite with 1 out and 2 men on in the bottom of the ninth. Honestly, this guy is the biggest clutch hitter in the game right now. He's just unhuman. Anybody else's thoughts?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, two on, one out, would you?

A: Pitch to him, hoping for a double play or

B: Intentionally walk him to load the bases with Manny coming up.

You decide.....

Pitch to him. If you walk him, the tying run is in scoring position and you have to face Manny, who is just as good IMO. But, it's basically pick your poison because either way, you're chances aren't great.

You decide.....

Walk him. Walk him walk him WALK HIM.

I don't care who's batting behind Ortiz, even if it is Manny Ramirez. You pitch to Ortiz, he ends the game. Period. I'm a Sox fan and I've seen every single Ortiz walk-off or game-tying hit, and I can't for the life of me figure out how opposing teams are still stupid enough to face this guy.

You decide.....

I don't care who's batting behind Ortiz, even if it is Manny Ramirez. You pitch to Ortiz, he ends the game. Period. I'm a Sox fan and I've seen every single Ortiz walk-off or game-tying hit, and I can't for the life of me figure out how opposing teams are still stupid enough to face this guy.

How 'bout this? No more fastballs.

He kills them. I knew that if he saw a fastball, it was gone.

What a hitter.

You know what the funny thing is? He comes up to bat, and my expectations were lowered because he's done it so much. I kept thinking to myself, he can't save our asses every single time. And guess what? 3 run homer. Game. I'm really beside myself.

You decide.....

Unintentionally intentional walk.

I'm telling my pitcher nothing gets in the strike zone, no matter the count. Perhaps Ortiz might get overconfident and chase a ball or two and pop it up or miss it.

You decide.....

It's the most dangerous decision is baseball. There's a 70+% chance that if you pitch to Manny with the bases loaded he end the game with an extra run scored. Ramirez has hit the 2nd most grand slams ever.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Why, oh why, did my Twins ditch him?

(By the way, brass, I really like that dog running across your sig. It looks just like our dog -- a half beagle, half basset.)

That may be the dumbest move in Twins history can you imagine taht bat on that team right now, who would be able to beat them with their pitching?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think Ortiz is going to get the MVP this year there is no one else to challenge him and I guess thats how a DH gets it.

he shoulda got it last year too

stupid arod

I half agree. A-Rod should not have gotten MVP, but neither should have Ortiz. MVP seems too focused on hitting and not enough on fielding or pitching. If the MVP did have to go to a Yankee I would give it to Aaron Small (yes you read that correctly.) And a Red Sox(ck): Damon, .316 average and .985 fielding.

mysigdj9.png

I think Ortiz is going to get the MVP this year there is no one else to challenge him and I guess thats how a DH gets it.

he shoulda got it last year too

stupid arod

I half agree. A-Rod should not have gotten MVP, but neither should have Ortiz. MVP seems too focused on hitting and not enough on fielding or pitching. If the MVP did have to go to a Yankee I would give it to Aaron Small (yes you read that correctly.) And a Red Sox(ck): Damon, .316 average and .985 fielding.

mysigdj9.png

ANOTHER walk-off homerun for him tonite with 1 out and 2 men on in the bottom of the ninth. Honestly, this guy is the biggest clutch hitter in the game right now. He's just unhuman. Anybody else's thoughts?

He's clutch, but Albert Pujols is at least his equal. I believe this latest Ortiz walk-off gave him one more career (regular season) walk-off homer than Albert (8 to 7), but that's pretty equal, and if you look at their clutch stats this year, it seems evident Albert might be a bit better than Ortiz. The things Albert trails Ortiz in can easily be explained by the number of At Bats (probably due to Albert's injury).

ortizvpujols.jpg

Now, if your strictly talk ninth inning, home run to win the game...I suppose it's fair to call that a toss up between Albert and Ortiz. As a Cards fan I'll take Albert, but, man, either one should scare the daylights out of the pitcher.

As a whole though, I think Albert is the better clutch hitter.

Ortiz is absolutely amazing. He just keeps doing it. Didn't most of his HR's last year either tie the game or give the Sox the lead? He is absolutely amazing. Think about it -- we're actually discussing whether or not we'd rather have him up as the winning run, or walk him and load the bases for many. The latter wouldn't even be an option with ANY other hitter at the plate. Why does anybody pitch to him after the 7th inning? Still, though, his most impressive was what he did in the 2004 playoffs. 3 walkoffs in 5 games!

I was talking with Fusebazell about it after the game and I came to the conclusion, with his help, that I'd walk Ortiz and face Manny with the sacks full because Manny would have to hit a HR for Ortiz to score in that particular at-bat anyway. You have to think that once you get 2-0 on Ortiz in that situation, anything over the plate is at LEAST a tied game. He seems extremely selective in those spots.

Funny thing is, Manny could be just as clutch, but we'd never know about it. :lol:

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived