MLB changes for 2007?

CubsFanBudMan

Well, maybe the Devil Rays is changing their name to the Tampa Bay Tarpons.

The throwback jersey is red and it's a more popular name than the Devil Rays.

If the Devil Rays change their name to Tarpons and use brick red in their color scheme for the 2007 season I will eat my Devil Rays hat and post pictures.

0iu0.gif

Seriously.

Well, now even though I know there's no chance of them actually making that change... I think I need to pray for divine intervention just to make that happen!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said the Red Sox because maybe their bringing back the Red hat that they wore during the 70's. :grin:

They did bring it back a few years ago for Sundays, but it went badly. I think they lost a few times in it and eliminated the caps.

And on the blind items (and I understand the need to withhold info for legal reasons, but don't say you have good info and then be a tease about it. It smacks of "Look at me! Look at me! I'm cool because I know something!"): it says the brick jerseys are a part of an "identity change". So unless you think the Phils, Reds, Padres, or whoever are chunking their current color schemes, none of those make sense. No team that has changed colors since 2001 make sense.

Angels, Rangers (back to emphasizing blue), Royals (eliminated the black, reemphasized royal), Blue Jays, Padres, Brewers, and Nationals.

And the traditionalists won't do it, so cross off the Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Cubs, and Cardinals.

And the Astros are already in brick.

Some teams "seem" to be more traditional-minded now than in the past and woudl probably stick with the same base color set at least, if not the whole general uniform: the Braves, Orioles, Reds, Pirates, Athletics, Mets (the royal and orange aren't going anywhere), White Sox, and Indians

Now, that leaves the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Phillies (only because they don't seem afraid to mix it up), Devil Rays, Twins, and Mariners.

I only considered the Phils as being not afraid to mix it up because the 70's unis were so different from what they wore before (and since). Same with the Twins. I personally don't think either team would go away to radically from what they have now, but who knows.

Lukas said on his Uniwatch blog that someone is losing the purple from their color scheme next year. He didn't say if it was NFL, NBA, or MLB, but he said he'd reveal more on Thursday in his Page 2 column.

Maybe one of the purple-clad teams is going to be making brick a color in place of purple. That's the Rockies or D-Backs in MLB.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Lukas said on his Uniwatch blog that someone is losing the purple from their color scheme next year. He didn't say if it was NFL, NBA, or MLB, but he said he'd reveal more on Thursday in his Page 2 column.

I'm presuming that he's not talking about the Milwaukee Bucks.

I doubt it's the Rockies since they selected purple because of the reference in America The Beautiful to "purple mountains' majesty." That's an integral color to the team's identity.

I have my doubts about Arizona as well, for one because the team said they weren't changing and secondly because purple seems to be a "pet" color for the Colangelo family.

It seems awfully early for teams in other leagues to be making uniform change decisions public, however, so I guess we'll have to see what Thursday brings.

Lukas will probably be tallking about the Raptors losing purple.

Initially I thought that too, but how "breaking" would that news be, since it's been public knowledge for a little while now?

Didn't the Bucks ditch purple too? I can't remember the new color scheme.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I have my doubts about Arizona as well, for one because the team said they weren't changing and secondly because purple seems to be a "pet" color for the Colangelo family.

Colangelo is gone from the picture in AZ, so I don't think the attachment to purple necessarily remains.

Haven't we also heard the D-snake hat is on the way out? This statement from T O'G leads me to feel it will be the Diamondbacks.

A team will wear brick red next year other than the Astros.

YES. AN ALL IN IDENTITY CHANGE. ONE CARRY OVER HAT AND UNIFORM MARK.

Colangelo is gone from the picture in AZ, so I don't think the attachment to purple necessarily remains.

Haven't we also heard the D-snake hat is on the way out? This statement from T O'G leads me to feel it will be the Diamondbacks.

I will let the record show that over on the UniWatch blog, I also speculate that it may be the Diamondbacks replacing purple with the rumored brick red:

#43 by Jim on 08.29.06 12:33 pm | Quote This Comment   

Then again, maybe it?s the Diamondbacks. Even though Colangelo loves purple, maybe this is the team that will be adding brick red to the color scheme next season, as the rumors seem to mention. Brick red and teal might seem a little more desert-like for a team named after a snake.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I will let the record show that over on the UniWatch blog, I also speculate that it may be the Diamondbacks replacing purple with the rumored brick red:

#43 by Jim on 08.29.06 12:33 pm | Quote This Comment   

Then again, maybe it?s the Diamondbacks. Even though Colangelo loves purple, maybe this is the team that will be adding brick red to the color scheme next season, as the rumors seem to mention. Brick red and teal might seem a little more desert-like for a team named after a snake.

I suggested them last week, here were the mockups I made:

dbacks_home.jpg

dbacks_road.jpg

I think it looks good.

Wow, some people seem to be having trouble playing nice in this thread. How could you get all riled up in an MLB thread, for goodness sake? Whatever got edited, let's hope it doesn't keep happening.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Why would the mod edit a post where I said that I wasn't a newbie? Is that how bad this board has gotten.

He just wants posters to stay on topic.

And on topic, I'd rather see the Dbacks lose purple than the Rockies. I get the whole Rockies-purple thing, and I even don't think the purple alt is HIDEOUS, but the black sleevless one is. Get rid of that and the Rockies are decent looking.

Archived