Framingham Freezerburn

BostonBlazer

My suggestion would be to use Dennis.gif

And that's because your Light Blue is too bright.

This shade of blue tones it down, and makes it look 'colder'.

If you want to use it, go to Colours, Edit Colours and create a new tile with the following values

R 157

G 188

B 217

Then your colour palette would look like this.

ArcticPalette.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there I was all fired up to write a reply to StJ.

The only thing gained by criticising and not trying to help is you're the one who comes off looking like a jerk.

OK, so some people don't like it.

There's a few things I'd change, like the collar, the logo and the colours, but hey, at least he's having a crack.

There's plenty of people who never contribute other than to criticise others (and I don't neccessarily mean Shylock) when the work is supposedly sub-standard, but if their opinion is as valuable as they think it is, perhaps they could contribute by suggesting improvements. Otherwise, shut the Hell up. If the concept gets no replies, it will disappear quick enough.

(Rant Over)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Freezer2.gifFreezer.gif

I hope you don't mind, I've had a go at doing them on St Pattty's template.

I took off the collar as I just don't like it.

It adds colour, but it's also weird looking.

I also didn't do the logo, as it doesn't really say Freezerburn to me.

Apart from the text saying "FREEZERBURN", but then, the rest is FIRE.

Freezerburn is not being burnt by fire. I see how you came to the conclusion, and perhaps the problem is with the people who framed the English language, but Freezerburn has nothing to do with fire.

I also think you should decide on which is the secondary colour and which is tertiary. Right now it looks like Dennis Blue is fighting Orange for prominence.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

This is actually quite helpful rmered! The Dennis blue works in this color scheme as well. I'll use it. I'll also come up with a different text for a primary logo (and maybe a different primary altogether) as well as re-organize the colors.

For the logo, I'll find and use a different text, and maybe change the logo. The Smashed SF looks like a good idea for the wordmark. I'll try it. For the colors, I'll minimalize the orange just enough so that it gets equal attention with the other colors being used.

Of all the suggestions, these are definitely the most helpful. We could be getting somewhere here.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been one and a half weeks since the last response on this thread. But I needed time to think of what to do with this concept now. The thing is, I was thinking of making this logo more ice-related than fire-related, which lead me to a new idea for the primary, and took me a while to think about what I wanted to use. I ended up using sleet.

Deciding on a different font to use was also a long, hard decision. I didn't want anything too ordinary, but still readable enough to tell what the team name on the logo says. I looked through fonts101.com to find something and came across one called "Futurex Phat." I decided to try it out. I made a large "F" with the rest of the text smaller.

In the end, I came up with three different variations of the new primary:

One with the whole team name...

fflogobeta3vv1.png

...one with just the town name (The nickname can also work. They're about the same length and both start with F.)...

fflogobeta2su2.png

...and one with the F alone.

fflogobetafs1.png

The secondary also went under the updated color scheme.

fflogobetasecem1.png

Before I start revising the jerseys, I want to know what you want me to do. Do you want me to use any of the three primaries shown above? Do you want the fireball back with the new font? If you want me to change something or whatever, speak up, and I MIGHT take your suggestions.

This is actually quite helpful rmered! The Dennis blue works in this color scheme as well. I'll use it. I'll also come up with a different text for a primary logo (and maybe a different primary altogether) as well as re-organize the colors.

For the logo, I'll find and use a different text, and maybe change the logo. The Smashed SF looks like a good idea for the wordmark. I'll try it. For the colors, I'll minimalize the orange just enough so that it gets equal attention with the other colors being used.

Of all the suggestions, these are definitely the most helpful. We could be getting somewhere here.

Still too much orange.

Also, probably because of Paint, but your icicles aren't very sharp.

Which gives me the impression of dripping water.

I like the idea, but the execution could be a little more refined.

That secondary fox is a keeper though.

I'll have a crack at vectorising him.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Of the latest versions, the only thing that really looks good is the fox, especially with the simplified color scheme. Thicken up some of the outlines and it will look even better.

Your wordmarks have way too many icicles. We get it...it's cold. You don't need that many points. Gutters don't have that many icicles. You could easily work with 10 or 12 points, and that would get the mssage across just the same as 30 or 40.

The F is way too large for the rest of the wordmark. It dominates so much that it looks like another logo with a wordmark next to it. I don't even read the F as part of the words next to it. The F is a secondary logo is ok as it is, but not as part of a wordmark.

What if the bottom of the F made icicle points? Right now, only the outlines have icicles. I think the F itself should have a jagged bottom, it will feel even more like a logo rather than just a letter.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is actually quite helpful rmered!  The Dennis blue works in this color scheme as well.  I'll use it.  I'll also come up with a different text for a primary logo (and maybe a different primary altogether) as well as re-organize the colors. 

For the logo, I'll find and use a different text, and maybe change the logo.  The Smashed SF looks like a good idea for the wordmark.  I'll try it. For the colors, I'll minimalize the orange just enough so that it gets equal attention with the other colors being used.

Of all the suggestions, these are definitely the most helpful.  We could be getting somewhere here.

Still too much orange.

Also, probably because of Paint, but your icicles aren't very sharp.

Which gives me the impression of dripping water.

I like the idea, but the execution could be a little more refined.

That secondary fox is a keeper though.

I'll have a crack at vectorising him.

Then I'll make the outline thinner and sharpen the icicles if that works.

I'll have the new logo up some time around Sunday afternoon. ;)

Archived