The Licence Plate Thread

wingedwheel

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That particular plate is inspired by the 9-11 attack.

Right. But any number of commemorative plates that could have drawn attention to a terrorist attack IN OKLAHOMA may have been a bit more fitting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here is the worst plate of them all....

the new Kansas plate....

175580683.jpg

GAG!

Horrible. That is the state seal in the background.

Drove up to the Royals game today, saw several of these in Johnson County and said thank god I get to wait another 8 months before I have to have that one. I may switch residency to MO earlier just to avoid the plate.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

That particular plate is inspired by the 9-11 attack.

Right. But any number of commemorative plates that could have drawn attention to a terrorist attack IN OKLAHOMA may have been a bit more fitting.

I thought that was the absurdness of it all. We don't see New York plates with an Okalhoma memorial.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Here is the worst plate of them all....

the new Kansas plate....

175580683.jpg

GAG!

Horrible. That is the state seal in the background.

Drove up to the Royals game today, saw several of these in Johnson County and said thank god I get to wait another 8 months before I have to have that one. I may switch residency to MO earlier just to avoid the plate.

Indiana must of been jealous of the new Kansas plates.. here is what they are going to in 2008. :blink:

in_2009.gif

This is what they currently issue - in2004.jpg

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

I'm not from there, and have actually never been there, but this is a great one:

MaxiColorado11.jpg

Living here in Colorado, I HATED the look of these plates and vowed never to put one on my car. The current standard issue plate used since 2000 is better.

co2000.jpg

I do like the designer plate that is available and wished that was the standard issue plate.

designer.jpg

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Living on Ontario my whole life (and so near Quebec with a similar design) and thus being so used to plain white plates with blue text, I find that all these colourful plates just seem so, I dunno, alien and weird to me. But as plain as they are, I rather like Ontario's plates. Sometimes simplicity is the key.

on2005apr.jpg

(not mine)

The new BC license plates are nasty...when i first saw them i couldn't tell where the hell that plate was from till i took a closer look. Lame. Sure they are for the Olympics, but man are they ugly. I think it's a stupid idea as well...are we supposed to adopt these as our new plates for good? Or just till the Olympics then after that, new plates are back to the old design??

ICBC-Unveiling.jpg

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Please post your favorite licence plate design.

Here's mine...

mi76.gif

I actually have one of these. Awesome plate.

One of my (biased) favorites:

180x91_180x91_license-plate-art.jpg

Loved this one for some reason:

harry-mt_s.jpg

nd99.jpg

And finally, the plate that lets you know that you're following a terrible driver:

idaholicenseplate.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Current:

4ptqgpt.jpg

What was the reason for going away from these plates? If I recall they were only issued for a couple of years.

I didn't think they were that bad looking..

ne_license_plate.jpg

Archived