Mls cup 2003

Puckguy14

While it is a difference in colors, how come Chicago and San Jose are both in their dark uniform kits today?

POST #800!

I don't see any problem with that. Both colours are distinctive enough so that you can differeniate the teams. Happens a lot in England! Liverpool vs Everton for example.

I saw, I came, I left.

I was just watching the game (2 goals in a minute..is that a record?) I noticed this about the uniforms: they have the same font for names and numbers for both teams, even with different manufacturers. I think it is Frutiger condensed.

The New England Revolution use the same lettering as both the teams playing today. The Revolution's uniforms are made by Atletica (I think, it may be Kappa), The Fire are Puma and the Earthquakes are Nike. Is this a rule that uniform backs must be, well, uniform?

I have seen the in the Premier League as well. No matter the manufacturer or team, every one uses Optima for lettering and numbers. Does anyone know the reasons for this?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I was just watching the game (2 goals in a minute..is that a record?) I noticed this about the uniforms: they have the same font for names and numbers for both teams, even with different manufacturers. I think it is Frutiger condensed.

The New England Revolution use the same lettering as both the teams playing today. The Revolution's uniforms are made by Atletica (I think, it may be Kappa), The Fire are Puma and the Earthquakes are Nike. Is this a rule that uniform backs must be, well, uniform?

I have seen the in the Premier League as well. No matter the manufacturer or team, every one uses Optima for lettering and numbers. Does anyone know the reasons for this?

I think the font depends on the league and not necessarly the team. Notice the league logos on the bottom of the numbers? Those number fonts on teams like Manchester United are actually different when they play in the Champions League.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yup and the Earthquakes won 4-2!  Which brings up one strange statistic:

PRO CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SAN JOSE

2001, 2003 Earhtquakes (MLS)

2001 CyberRays (WUSA)

2002 SaberCats (AFL)

1995 Rhinos (RHI)

Since the SJ Sharks came into the NHL, only the Lasers (ABL), Grizzlies (CISL) and Sharkies (can't count the NLL's Stealth yet) have not won a pro championship.   :(

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The MLS season is just too long it runs from March to November they need to comapct the schedule and hold the championship game in Spetember at the latest.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I ma not sure everyone does use the same fonts and numbering in the Premier League. However really the only answer I can give is that soccer kits oin england have never made a fuss over that sort of thing. Most replica shirts that you buy in a shop for instance don't have any numbers on at all, although in most sports retailers you can then customize them. Maybe this is the reason, so that you can have a fairly good replica done in store.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived