NBC Sunday Night Football

TBGKon

Holy fluffin crap. THAT'S why I couldn't find the game on TV. I'm not used to the NFL being back on NBC. I checked ABC, CBS, and ESPN and couldn't find it. I thought it was on NFL Network!!!

Stupid, stupid ME! :wacko:

Holy fluffin crap. THAT'S why I couldn't find the game on TV. I'm not used to the NFL being back on NBC. I checked ABC, CBS, and ESPN and couldn't find it. I thought it was on NFL Network!!!

Stupid, stupid ME! :wacko:

You know, that's kind of funny. I would have guessed ESPN too, what with the new MNF package.

The first hint that it wasn't on ESPN, however, is that ESPN.com had little to nothing on the game all day long. Had it been on a Disney network, you would have known.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Gamewise, it was the old MNF with new - but nothing innovative - from the graphics. It looked, except for the peacock, like a not so good upgrade to last year's MNF graphics. And damn heard to read, especially the quarter and score at the end of the line. A lot of the player ID graphics were also too damn small (and I have a 27 incher for what it's worth...er, that's a TV SET :P )

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the pregame show; Costas is usually worth watching and so is Collinsworth when he cuts the snark and says something informative. Sterling Sharpe was OK at ESPN (but a hundred times better than Irvin) and the Bus had better be willing to say both good and bad things about current players.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Anyone catch Terrel Owens on Dateline?  What a dumb interview and a dumb athlete.

I did, and I enjoyed it. I like TO, and thought he looked intelligent, realistic, and nice. I wish the Falcons had him.

.... and that attire? WOW, I couldn't pull off that outfit if my life depended on it :D He looked whiter than Stone Philips.... (bow)

I saw, I came, I left.

Anything with John Madden has my approval.

Anyone ever notice he'll start rambling on and on about just about anything on his mind.

Madden: I really like going fishing sometimes and eating turkey sandwiches with my grandkids.

Al Michaels: What?

Thats what makes Madden great he talks like someone at the bar who sometimes makes great analysis of the game but is a football fan and makes the game fun.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I also thought I was watching ABC, all that was different was the NBC peacock in the bottom left. I wonder if FOX will change their gfx for this year. We'll know on thursday

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I wonder if FOX will change their gfx for this year. We'll know on thursday

I hope so.....

I LOVE the graphics on NBC, they aren't too small on my TV, and they're pretty spiffy. Can't wait to watch SNF this year

There were a few times last night that I had to remind myself that I was watching NBC instead of ABC. Also, that it was Sunday and not Monday.

I had to do the same thing. B) It's going to take a game or two to get used to hearing Madden and Michaels on Sunday nights.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I watched the first half (got the 52" HDTV after the Super Bowl, and while it's revolutionized hockey and the World Cup, this was its baptism for football), and really liked the coverage on NBC.

I like the scoreline at the bottom. It was unobtrusive and when I zoomed in, there were no remnants left behind (I still worry about graphics burning in, even though the folks at Best Buy told me it doesn't happen - there was a slight burn after the NFL Draft, so I don't take chances anymore). 5.1 surround sound worked well, too. Michaels and Madden are the same as ever - ABC, NBC, Monday night, Sunday night. Felt like old times.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't know if it was because it was a preseason game or not (new network and all) but I actually kind of like the idea of having the halftime crew come in with some thoughts during the end of the game (blowout time) and they have a mini roundtable like discussion as the game's going on (as long as they don't miss anything of course). Maybe I was the only one who noticed this.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

On to the second game. I think we're already seeing things tweaked from the HOF game.

Two jump out to me:

1) Scoreline numbers -- especially the clock -- are bigger.

2) The gradient has been removed from the silver bar on the starting lineups graphics where the player's school is listed. Last week, that silver bar shifted to black at each end, making long school names like WISCONSIN harder to read.

This week, it's all silver.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

...and they still use an incorrect graphic for the Bengals. I saw it in more than one instance where the face was almost completely orange. :blink:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

On to the second game. I think we're already seeing things tweaked from the HOF game.

Two jump out to me:

1) Scoreline numbers -- especially the clock -- are bigger.

2) The gradient has been removed from the silver bar on the starting lineups graphics where the player's school is listed. Last week, that silver bar shifted to black at each end, making long school names like WISCONSIN harder to read.

This week, it's all silver.

It could just been my local affiliate, but the station's logo/call letters was blocking the game clock way too much.

Archived