Once again, nfl thanksgiving classics are upon us

1994Patriots

Check the top border of NFL.com and see all the cool throwback logos of each NFL team! I know they did this last year, but to me, it never gets old...

The only thing that the NFL should do in the future is mandate that all NFL teams playing this week should wear throwback uniforms...c'mon, that would be a friggin cash cow! Every team putting out a throwback jersey for retail? Fans would gobble those things up (no pun intended)

Who's with me???

Patriots in red Pat Patriot unis during Thanksgiving Week EVERY YEAR!!!

I think its funny this is the secod year in a row that the Bucs logo has remained unchanged - looks like Bruce the Buc is banished forever, yet they'll drag out the oldest, most obscure logos for all the other non-expansion teams.

Yes it is great to have tradition.

However, you will get a tough time getting some teams (the Bucs) to agree to do this every year.

From what I understand that horrendous Bucaneer Bruce logo is looked upon with scorn by those who run the team today. In fact a few years ago the Bucs didnt cleberate their 25th anniversary, because Malcom Glazer feels that the team changed when he purchased them in 1995, and anything before that was just a bad past and should be burried.

NFL Films in fact did a special about the 1976 Bucs and mentioned on there the team has refused to pay for a reunion for them, becuase they are asahmed of their past.

I cant blame them, but now that they won a Super Bowl maybe bring out Bruce once a year wont be too harmful.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NFL Films in fact did a special about the 1976 Bucs and mentioned on there the team has refused to pay for a reunion for them, becuase they are asahmed of their past.

Interesting.  Prior to the Panthers and Jags making the conference title games in their second seasons, the Bucs were the NFL's greatest nothing-to-riches success story.  Now that their success has been eclipsed it's as if that incredible 1979 season never occurred and they're being punished thanks to their predecessor of 3 seasons past.

Well 1979 was just a lone ray of sunshine in the midst of a long storm.

From 1983-1996 the Buccaneers lost 10 or more in every season, but 1 and that year 1995 they were 7-9. They had back to back 2-14 seasons in 1985 & 1986. In many ways these years were even worse then the early yeras as they could not use the excuse we are an expansion team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Man, that's just so hard to believe.  I was 11 in 1979 so I guess the magnitude of that incredible breakout year just colored my perception of the Bucs as not being "that bad" after the 1977 season.  Wow.  Yeah, I guess I can see why Bruce has been relegated to the dustbin of NFL history.

Man, that's just so hard to believe. I was 11 in 1979 so I guess the magnitude of that incredible breakout year just colored my perception of the Bucs as not being "that bad" after the 1977 season. Wow. Yeah, I guess I can see why Bruce has been relegated to the dustbin of NFL history.

Resurrect Bucco Bruce!  Dump the surrender flag!

Archived