Here's the new Syracuse football unis

cadillac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No white on those whatsoever. I like 'em.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the Mcnabb era unis better. Why did they have to change from them.

Nike said so.

I sent nasty letters to both the alumni office and athletic director after this whole "Orange" thing, basically promising that they will never see a dime of my money and suggesting them to ask Nike next time they feel the need to solicit funds.

Although it doesn't take much to ignore Syracuse football. They might as well be a 1-AA school from now on. They could play their Big East basketball rivals and the other NY schools.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I like the Mcnabb era unis better. Why did they have to change from them.

They wanted SU's uniforms to be, well, uniform. When I was on the hill, all the men's and women's teams had different fonts, logos, even shades of orange. Did it really bother anyone? No, but it seems pretty pathetic for the athletic department to have that kind of interdepartmental ADD.

The orange on blue look was in the cards for years, but then the new AD wanted to mesh that with a retro look and logo. This look is actually similar to what Nike was looking at 2 years ago, only they wanted to use their unpopular "SJ" logo and their custom font for the numbers.

These will be worn with the orange helmet with the numbers and grey face mask. There are no white pants; a shame, because the all white look last year was tite.

I don't think the most recent changes have come from Nike. Nike implemented the interlocking SU and the Orange moniker, but everything since then (the logo rechange, the football jerseys) has come from AD Darryl Gross' admirable yet quixotic stabs at recapturing past glory. At least Nike isn't abusing us the way they are Oregon.

I'm really not sure how I feel about these. They're still better than the McNabb-era jerseys, which seemed to be stuck in the late-80s, but I don't know how much improved they are from last year's versions.

When my class graduates in May, we'll be the last group of SU students to cheer for a team called the Orangemen. Weird.

Hmm, I like em. Hope the team gets better, but I think they have a pretty good set of unis now.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

At 1-10, it's not like enough people are going to be paying attention to Syracuse to notice the fact you can't read the numbers from a distance.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Those are going to be SO HARD for me to read from a distance. :mad:

Archived