Here's the new Syracuse football unis

cadillac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I like them. There are legibility issues with these uniforms and the basketball, but so what. I don't go to the games and it's not so bad on TV.

I like that SU is doing something different. The McNabb/Harrison/Graves/Conrad jerseys were dated and I didn't really like the white from last season. I think these have a bit of old-schoolness to them but done right. Considering that this IS Nike we're dealing with, we could have ended up with a piping nightmare.

At least when SU plays Illinois this season, you'll be able to tell the teams apart. A few years ago, it wasn't that easy.

And thank heavens they lost the SJ logo. What a mess that was.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I would have almost rather wanted to see orange jerseys with navy blue numbers and trim if they wanted to go the two-color route, it would match better with the basketball and lax uniforms. But these still look pretty good.

QPR%20Sig.png

Major upgrade, going from "complicated retro" to just retro. These are the best uniforms yet of the 3 sets I can think of (McNabb era, last years'). I like the no-white look; the Oakland Raiders are the only other team I can think of that pulls that off on their home uniforms.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

For what it's worth... these are the first non-Ohio State college football jersies I have ever seen and thought "wow, I might buy one of those!"

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I really like these (Except for the numbers on the helmet), but I don't think that the retro look really works for domed teams. Put them outdoors, and these would look sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, I can't believe I am looking at the same pictures as everyone else. I look at those uniforms and can't believe this is a I-A program. They are horrible!!!! They look like something out of a penal-league program where they couldn't afford to clean white jerseys. Give me the McNabb era anytime, even though they did look just like Illinois. I am fine with plain, boring and monochromatic uniforms if they are traditional like Alabama or Penn State, but this goes way too far. I guess I am just not that big a fan of "traditional" looks because I would take Missouri's or Va Tech's "kewl" designs over this 1920's wannabe any day.

I like them a lot, but they'll be hard to see on TV. But jerseys without drop shadows, white outlines, etc., look great, especially for college teams.

But for all of those who don't them, those uniforms might not last long if the program keeps losing. Another two or three years close to last season's 1-10 could get Greg Robinson fired. Then a new coach comes in and decides he doesn't like the uniforms and he changes them.

That's the way it works at most schools. A coaching change is usually followed by new uniforms (or at least a tweak) because the coach either doesn't like the current look or he wants a departure from anything having to do with the previous guy.

I like the no-white look; the Oakland Raiders are the only other team I can think of that pulls that off on their home uniforms.

Wait... How about the Michigan Wolverines (as featured in your signature) or does the Maize and Blue have some white on their home uniforms that I'm unaware of? Also, Minnesota's homes are maroon and gold only--well, except for the black outline of the "M" on their helmet.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I like the Mcnabb era unis better. Why did they have to change from them.

Nike said so.

I sent nasty letters to both the alumni office and athletic director after this whole "Orange" thing, basically promising that they will never see a dime of my money and suggesting them to ask Nike next time they feel the need to solicit funds.

Although it doesn't take much to ignore Syracuse football. They might as well be a 1-AA school from now on. They could play their Big East basketball rivals and the other NY schools.

We prefer the soon to be official NCAA Football Championship Subdivision instead of I-AA.

If you're looking for a place to invest your football dollars, we'll take it here at Colgate. We've got a fancy new video scoreboard too.

As someone else pointed out, good luck deciphering those numbers if you're sitting in the upper level of the Carrier Dump.

At 1-10, it's not like enough people are going to be paying attention to Syracuse to notice the fact you can't read the numbers from a distance.

Owned.

If you were just wearing this around the campus, then yeah, it would look good.

But you can't see the numbers from a distance without the white outline, therefore, DOWNGRADE.

Bad.

Navy blue jerseys with garrish orange numbers (and no white anywhere) is not a good look.

They need to burn those basketball jerseys too. They haven't done jack (except in the Big East tourney) since they changed to those things. The orange road basketball uniform might be the worst in big-time college basketball.

At 1-10, it's not like enough people are going to be paying attention to Syracuse to notice the fact you can't read the numbers from a distance.

Owned.

If you were just wearing this around the campus, then yeah, it would look good.

But you can't see the numbers from a distance without the white outline, therefore, DOWNGRADE.

That's the best opinion I've heard so far.

Awesome jersey to wear as a fan...but those numbers are going to be tough to read in the stands and on TV.

And kudos to the "Championship Division" plug. Bye, bye 1-AA!!!

I like the no-white look; the Oakland Raiders are the only other team I can think of that pulls that off on their home uniforms.

Wait... How about the Michigan Wolverines (as featured in your signature) or does the Maize and Blue have some white on their home uniforms that I'm unaware of? Also, Minnesota's homes are maroon and gold only--well, except for the black outline of the "M" on their helmet.

Touche.

I think being at work has a way of rotting your brain. The only reason I thought of the Raiders is because I once read something about them being the only NFL team that does this. But you got me on Michigan and Minnesota. Actually, thinking about it, you could include USC in that list too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think being at work has a way of rotting your brain. The only reason I thought of the Raiders is because I once read something about them being the only NFL team that does this. But you got me on Michigan and Minnesota. Actually, thinking about it, you could include USC in that list too.

There was a time (oh, how I wish it was today) that the Detroit Lions were like Oakland -- honolulu blue jerseys with silver numbers, pants and helmets. Simple and perfect -- to the point where Al Davis liked them so much, he adopted basically the same style for the Raiders, obviously with black instead.

I like the Syracuse uniforms. Too bad the orange is too dark a shade to be considered for road unis. I remember Tennessee wearing orange both home and away as late as the late '60's.

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Archived