Here's the new Syracuse football unis

cadillac

But you got me on Michigan and Minnesota. Actually, thinking about it, you could include USC in that list too.

Good call on the USC. There's also the beautiful Army jerseys:

05armynavy52.jpg

I'm a big fan of eliminating unnecessary white on colored jerseys. I think the difference between Army, Michigan, Minnesota, and USC's non-use of white and Syracuse's non-use is that the gold/maize contrasts a lot better than orange. Maybe if Syracuse somehow lightened the orange, it might be more visible.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happened to establishing some sort of tradition?

They have established some sort of tradition... ever constant change. Just like Oregon.

:lol:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Well, orange on navy is bad for black-and-white newspaper photos, but they should be legible enough for TV. In any case, judging from old pictures I've seen, these unis are closer to those worn back in the '50s-'60s than last year's version. But I don't have a problem with either.

Woah...their 1-10 season affected them so badly they went out and got even newer uniforms?

Carney_2006_FB_MediaDay%20007.jpg

WilliamsBruce_DSCN1828.jpg

And if they still stink on the football field after this they'll be going even further back in time and adopting leather helmets for next season.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived