What's your flavor?

pagan696

San Diego:

Guacamole and Fish Tacos. Both together is even better. All things Chipotle. That seems to be all the rage this year.

San Diego is the home of all things Mexican-Seafood.

Karl Strauss for beer, and many great restaurants like Kimosabe, The Prado, George's, and Indio Grill.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

For some reason, Cape Bretoner's like to brag about A&K Lick-a-Chick, a local fried chicken stand in Bras D'or.   "The Best Tasting Chicken On The Island!" according to the billboards.

I tried it a few times.  I could never handle more than a bite because it was so bad.  The taste of ithe skin is very difficult to describe.  It's like a dark Cleveland Brown color  and tastes like my estimation of burnt varnish and burnt oregano mixed together. (The chicken part tastes like regular chicken which always tastes the same everywhere.)

And yet I know people who are practically addicted to it.  Sad.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm also in exile... iin Raleigh, NC, and would love for someone back home in Buffalo to lose a bet and have to send me:

beef on weck from Charlie the Butcher

a bucket of wings from the Anchor Bar

Aunt Rosie's loganberry

a few pints of Trainwreck from the Pearl Street Brewery

and a bag of Super Mightys

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Being from the metro NYC area, I have a couple of places I would like to give some mentions to:

1. Hiram's Hot Dogs on Lemoine Avenue in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Good Hot Dogs and Fresh French Fries. And next Door to Hiram's is Callahan's, where Hot Dogs, Fries and Sausage and Peppers are served!.

2. Stew Leonard's. Started out as Clover Dairy, then became a dairy store in Conneticut in the late 1960's. There are 3 stores: Danbury, Norwalk, and Yonkers, with a fourth store to open on Long Island Next year.

3. Soon's Farms, New Hampton, New York. Just outside of Middletown, this farm has been in operation since 1910 and has some of the best pies around, www.soonsfarm.com for further info.

Now some Barbecue...

4. BBQ in NYC. Four locations, some of the best Chicken and Ribs in Manhattan.

5. PJ's Barbecue in Saratoga. Some decent Ribs and Chicken, and yes Winters in Buffalo, you can get a beef on weck with a Sarasoda Loganberry soad. A nice place to go after a day at the races.

6. Virgil's in Putney Vermont. Off Interstate 91 near the town of Dummerston-which has a great apple festival Columbus day weekend-, you will find 2 old school buses painted blue and an outdoor open pit where the chicken and ribs are cooked. They also have baked stuffed pork potatoes.

Lastly, Something that Fuzebazell might know...SPIEDIES!

Rick Sebak of WQED in Pittsburgh (Have you heard of him, zone ranger?) recently hosted a show called "Sandwiches You Will Like". It is a great show, and since it is Pledge Drive time again, if that show is presented, call up you local PBS station and get the video (DVD is available) and the companion book. You will enjoy it!

I could go for a mufalleta and a po'boy right now!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Um, I think I can scrape up some lutefisk... ???

Have you tried lutefisk? Oh GOD its bad. I am half Scandanavian so of course I have had relatives TRY to make it, once terrible, once 'good', I say say good loosley cuz no matter how good you make it, its gross.

Lefse on the other hand, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

josh

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived