Kansas City Royals

Delux247

A few things on the Royals:

1. They wore the black road alts the second day of the year against the Yanks, and I don't think I've seen them since. Did they realize how bad it looked?

2. Can they PLEASE converse with other teams about who wears the colored jersey on what day?? AGAIN last week, both they and the Twins wore blue jerseys (they and the Rangers did this a few months ago). How hard is it to wear a different color than your opponent?? Honestly. It's just unprofessional.

1. They wore the black road alts the second day of the year against the Yanks, and I don't think I've seen them since. Did they realize how bad it looked?

They wore them on two consecutive games against the Devil Rays on that same road trip; they haven't touched them since.

Yeah, they've only worn those black ones a handful of times at the beginning of the season. They wouldn't have been so terrible if:

1) Black was actually an offical team color like when it was used in the jerseys last year

and

2) They didn't wear blue hats with them.

The grays look great. I think they're the best road uniform in the majors. I just love the script so much. And before anybody says it's a rip-off of the Dodgers, KC used that script in the 60s.

That script "Kansas City" grey jersey IS one f baseball's best road uniforms. The vertically-arched full block "KANSAS CITY" was just too blah.

Don't most teams (Blue Jays) let the starting pitcher select the uniform-of-the-day?

But you're right, the two teams should coordinate things better. That Twinkies-Tribe game was a joke!

The blues could be the only color they have for cool base jerseys.

I know the Blue Jays are constantly wearing their black jerseys because of this (at home and on the road).

I think this is the same reason the Astros have been wearing brick jerseys for every road game since June.

The blues could be the only color they have for cool base jerseys.

I know the Blue Jays are constantly wearing their black jerseys because of this (at home and on the road).

I think this is the same reason the Astros have been wearing brick jerseys for every road game since June.

That is true. The Astros got the brick COOLBASE set first. That's why they've wore them almost exclusively since June (before they went to Arlington, I think). They only had the regular uni set of grays until much later.

With the heat wave, almost everyone wears the COOLBASE sets if at all possible.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Yanks don't have COOLBASE jerseys. I know it's par for the course for them, but I wonder how this will play out with everyone allegedly going to COOLBASE next year fulltime.

Archived