Trying to make a visor

buckeyes

Ok im trying to make a visor to make my concept helmet/uniforms look better and more authentic. This is my first attempt. I painted the space first and then I shaded with lighter and darker colors with the spray can. Im not sure what i should use to make it look better. Any suggestions? (by the way this was made in paint, straight up paint so any suggestions must be for paint)

visor.jpg

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

I would add a black line going from the front of the helmet to the edge of the facemask, like the region you have now. Then I would select each color and do a slightly darker (or, for black, slightly lighter) variation of it, and then fill it in with the different shade.

I'd show you what I mean but I don't have your template. Anyway, I do a lot of stuff in Paint and that is one thing I do when drawing pixelated characters, I take a slightly lighter or slightly darker shade to show highlights and shadows and to differentiate between regions of the same color.

i use pain for all my stuff so heres my two cents

if you really wanna make this look good you should zoom in with the magnafying glass and use the pencel tool and just put marks wher the airbrush looks uneven

also use the curve tool to make the thing on top with the "O" on it look neater

You aren't going to find many visors that are pure black, especially at the college level. Your best bet is to choose an amber color, and color in the area, then darken the facemask on the other side.

Here's one I did in paint real quick, I believe this is what ShinyHubCaps is trying to explain. Just darken the existing color already on there to give it the feeling of transparency.

211969593_02299d8e70_o.jpg

That is what I meant. Thank you for putting it into words for me (well, a picture, which is worth what, like a thousand words?).

Archived