Robert Morris University's new look

Jigga

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, those guys at Rickabaugh have been busy as bees. They created new looks for UL-Monroe, Tennessee Tech and now, Robert Morris.

I like this new look even though it oddly reminds me of the label for Samuel Adams beer.

Boy, those guys at Rickabaugh have been busy as bees. They created new looks for UL-Monroe, Tennessee Tech and now, Robert Morris.

I like this new look even though it oddly reminds me of the label for Samuel Adams beer.

My thoughts exactly! What's with the Sam Adams beer label? :D

No, Robert Morris is in Moon Township, Pa; a suburb of Pittsburgh. I live within a few miles, and I don't know why anyone cares about this small :censored:ty school.

I'm sure the students and local alums will be happy to hear of your opinion.

By the way, people here care because this is about a logo, not whether Robert Morris College should be part of the Ivy League.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Copperplate!

Why is the trademark symbol outlined? Wouldn't that make it part of the artwork, requiring a second trademark symbol?

Copperplate...dear Barbara....and "Colonials" is not aligned/centered correctly inside the ribbon. It was as if the ribbon was built first, with the wordmark positioned inside it afterwards, instead of building/warping both together.

Cards.png

Is this the same school in Drum Line? The one with Petey Pablo? They were pretty cool.

um...NO.

Robert Morris is in Pittsburgh (Moon Twp and downtown); Morris BROWN is the one you're thinking of. It's in Atlanta.

Not to dig on you, but I somehow find it hard to believe that the Colonials' marching band could even come close to scratching the toes of the Marching Wolverines...or much any other drumline down that way. (Drumlines and marching bands are a HUGE THING back down my way...it's halfway comincal because most of the people who go to games at a lot of HBCU's don't even go to see the game; they go to see the HALFTIME SHOW, unless the football team's actually decent--and a lot of them are.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is this the same school in Drum Line?  The one with Petey Pablo?  They were pretty cool.

um...NO.

Robert Morris is in Pittsburgh (Moon Twp and downtown); Morris BROWN is the one you're thinking of. It's in Atlanta.

Not to dig on you, but I somehow find it hard to believe that the Colonials' marching band could even come close to scratching the toes of the Marching Wolverines...or much any other drumline down that way. (Drumlines and marching bands are a HUGE THING back down my way...it's halfway comincal because most of the people who go to games at a lot of HBCU's don't even go to see the game; they go to see the HALFTIME SHOW, unless the football team's actually decent--and a lot of them are.)

Oh, I was just joking. I was in drum line in high school and loved the movie. However, we didn't have anything like THAT in upstate New York. I only wish we had.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is this the same school in Drum Line?  The one with Petey Pablo?  They were pretty cool.

um...NO.

Oh, I was just joking. I was in drum line in high school and loved the movie. However, we didn't have anything like THAT in upstate New York. I only wish we had.

Oh ok...u straight.

Give it time...eventually that type of thing might make it up to your area. Hey--if stepsquads and stepshows made it nationwide (again, possibly borne out of said movie "Drumline")...then southern-style marching bands and halftime shows CAN'T be that far behind...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Off topic, but the school became a University several years ago.

Also, a couple of former players (I believe all offensive lineman) are now in the NFL.

Also off-topic, and on this same line - this is where folks get confused. This new logo is for Robert Morris University, as mentioned in Moon Township, PA - just outside Pittsburgh. However, there also is a Robert Morris College, located in Chicago, IL...

As far as I can tell, they have no affiliation to one another. RMU is NCAA D-I in all sports, and is a member of the CHA for D-I NCAA hockey. RMC is NAIA in all sports, and has NCHA (club) hockey.

Moose

Archived