Robert Morris University's new look

Jigga

at the very least it's an improvement over essentially having no logo (if you wanna count that RMU thing, fine by me, cus I aint)

on dem steppers...shoot, B, we got steppers (up here, some call em drill teams, but steppers sounds mo better)...and I been watchin the Grambling-Southern game for years. one, I neva get tired of GSU beating Southern :D and two, the northern bands have their merits, but look stodgy as hell after seeing the almighty Grambling band do tha thing. it's too bad there aint no northern bands like em, cus we gotta rep the north, ya know?

ehhh...Southern's aight, nothin special tho :P (that's the nicest thing I ever gonna say bout them)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic, but the school became a University several years ago.

Also, a couple of former players (I believe all offensive lineman) are now in the NFL.

Including recently demoted Hank "Honey Buns" Fraley, former starting center for the Eagles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

at the very least it's an improvement over essentially having no logo (if you wanna count that RMU thing, fine by me, cus I aint)

You can say that RMU thing

ncaab_robertmorriscolonials.jpg

(called the fighting student union's logo by a RMU fan I know) ain't a logo all you want, but it's what they use on their hockey unis... Note shoulder logo:

isc_hockey_camp2.jpg

Or their women's team:

05wicehockey_team.jpg

Moose

on dem steppers...shoot, B, we got steppers (up here, some call em drill teams, but steppers sounds mo better)...and I been watchin the Grambling-Southern game for years. one, I neva get tired of GSU beating Southern :D and two, the northern bands have their merits, but look stodgy as hell after seeing the almighty Grambling band do tha thing. it's too bad there aint no northern bands like em, cus we gotta rep the north, ya know?

ehhh...Southern's aight, nothin special tho :P (that's the nicest thing I ever gonna say bout them)

I'm with you on Southern U&A&MC. I been riding with Grambling since I was a lil' one.

As far as the bands, I know it's a few up your way (ain't Wisconsin more a less a frozen version of Georgia anyway? :D )...and if anything's going to pop off up there, my guess is it's coming out of Milwaukee. One of these days I GOT to go visit that place.

Two questions: one, whatever hapened to Coo Coo Cal? Folk was tight with my dog Trick Daddy for a while but I ain't heard from him in a while. And two, wasn't there a duo that came out of there a while back? Midwikid, was it? What's been up with them?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

FYI - MORRIS BROWN College is hanging on by a thread.

From Wikipedia -

College officials have said the school plans to re-apply for accreditation later this year, a lengthy process that would require the college to be debt-free. Morris Brown, which has an enrollment of just 44 students, lost its accreditation in 2003 and has continued to operate as a scaled-down version of its former self. Students are no longer eligible for state or federal aid, and the college is still deeply in debt. It offers three degree programs and employs just nine faculty members.

Part of drumline was filmed there.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Getting away from marching bands and back to the logo, am I the only one who is getting a little tired of seeing the same style logo for every team that has a nickname having to do with the early years of the US. They all use the same basic colors, usually metallic versions of those colors. And the same art style used by the NE Patriots, generally with half the face shaded. It works once. Second time, maybe. But now it's getting to be the same logo reworked to fit the team name and to avoid copyright infringement.

Two questions: one, whatever hapened to Coo Coo Cal? Folk was tight with my dog Trick Daddy for a while but I ain't heard from him in a while. And two, wasn't there a duo that came out of there a while back? Midwikid, was it? What's been up with them?

I was drawin a blank on who Midwikid was, then I found out why: they from Indiana, man :D Cal tho, he still puttin :censored: out, they just aint playin it on the radio.

Shoot, sayin we a frozen GA's more or less accurate, cus some mug from the A or Houston would feel right at home up here, aside from the temperature. screw's popular here, we be gettin crunk, we be snappin, we was doin the stepdaddy that one summer, Trick usually do good here, Baby be claimin the Mil, we got love for Juve...and yup, everyday we hustlin. shoot, we known bout dat Triple 6 way before the coasts did. east coast beats do it big here, but most west coast don't for some reason (except Pac, I think we STILL got some delusional mugs here that think he aint dead).

the Miltown game's largely underground tho, cus we got a classic problem of a lot of MCs, little money to get our songs on V100, the big (actually, only) hiphop station in the area. like I said, everyday we hustlin

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

No, Robert Morris is in Moon Township, Pa; a suburb of Pittsburgh. I live within a few miles, and I don't know why anyone cares about this small  :censored:ty school.

I'm sure the students and local alums will be happy to hear of your opinion.

By the way, people here care because this is about a logo, not whether Robert Morris College should be part of the Ivy League.

Good call.

Not a fan of this logo. It looks like he's got a giraffe size neck

that was the exact thing i thought of when i first saw this...that is a wicked long neck - combined with the similarity to a sam adam's bottle, it makes you wonder what the inspiration was?

...my guess

untitledzb9.png

long neck variety

jldesigns404eo.png

Two questions:  one, whatever hapened to Coo Coo Cal?  Folk was tight with my dog Trick Daddy for a while but I ain't heard from him in a while.  And two, wasn't there a duo that came out of there a while back?  Midwikid, was it?  What's been up with them?

I was drawin a blank on who Midwikid was, then I found out why: they from Indiana, man :D Cal tho, he still puttin :censored: out, they just aint playin it on the radio.

Shoot, sayin we a frozen GA's more or less accurate, cus some mug from the A or Houston would feel right at home up here, aside from the temperature. screw's popular here, we be gettin crunk, we be snappin, we was doin the stepdaddy that one summer, Trick usually do good here, Baby be claimin the Mil, we got love for Juve...and yup, everyday we hustlin. shoot, we known bout dat Triple 6 way before the coasts did. east coast beats do it big here, but most west coast don't for some reason (except Pac, I think we STILL got some delusional mugs here that think he aint dead).

the Miltown game's largely underground tho, cus we got a classic problem of a lot of MCs, little money to get our songs on V100, the big (actually, only) hiphop station in the area. like I said, everyday we hustlin

I never thought I'd hear Hitman Sammy Sam mentioned again...and then I read this. Thanx. :wacko:

See, all of what you just said is stuff I've known about Wisconsin for a while, ever since my first visit up there in '02 (albeit for military reasons). Never got to see Milwaukee or Madison, though. (So why my superiors felt Green Bay was worth seeing is beyond me--I RIDE WITH TAMPA BAY!) But anyway--yeah, I got to get back over there one of these days...

Nothing good's on the radio these days, but mixtapes with Cal on it are just hard to get a hold of--but then again, most decent stuff's hard to get a hold of in damn Pittsburgh. Crazy, because I ain't TOO TERRIBLY FAR from WI now--I'm thinking maybe 7, 8 hours?

About those delusional mofos...hate to tell you, but they exist EVERYWHERE. Some seem to think he's on a remote island in the Pacific sippin on Mi Tai's with Aaliyah somewhere...

If you can somehow get me a link to somewhere where I can check out some UG Miltown talent, I'd sho' appreciate it. I'm always up for hearing fresh UG raw...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Godawful. Not befitting a professional firm or school.

The hat is WAY too big. The neck is WAY too long.

Pathetic.

First, yet ye be able to draw before ye attempt to brand.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'd bet this was ultimately chosen by committee. I used to work in the marketing offices for a university with over 15,000 students and you wouldn't BELIEVE the red tape involved with the slightest changes in branding.

By the time a decision is made, it's been watered down in committee so much that any concept becomes a pale echo of its original intent.

Why is the trademark symbol outlined? Wouldn't that make it part of the artwork, requiring a second trademark symbol?

Rickabaugh does that a lot. Pretty much all of their marks have the TM as part of the enclosed mark. And no it would not require an additional TM. It's actually a good move sometimes as it helps when using the mark on different colored backgrounds. This way you don't have to change the color of the TM.

• 1 month later...

Archived