LOGOLYMPIAD EVENT 1

winters in buffalo

You said that we were permitted to advertise this product via billboard, via magazine, or via newspaper advertisement.

I've been toying around with an idea, but it would require me to make five or six small billboards instead of one big one. Given that Burma-Shave used to advertise with those signs back in the 40s, I was thinking to take a modern product and do Burma-Shave signs with it.

Would this plan still be legal under the contest rules? Feel free to post the response in the thread for the event, just don't reference who asked it, for if it is approved, it could give away my identity in the contest.

That would be fine, as long as it fits into the allotted space.

Note: This was PM'd to me, but to be fair, I'm not replying via PM. All questions will be answered publicly.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the use of 1940s photography allowed for this event?

Yes.

Any illustrations, however, must be your own original work. That's not to say you can't manipulate a photo to look like an illustration, you just can't use someone else's illustration.

The logo, of course, must be yours and is required as part of the submission.

Any limitations on the product's country of origin? I've got ideas, but some of the products are from Canada. Can we include a little description in the email to validate our choice?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

How do we make sure there is 70 pixels at the bottom, like is there some sort of tool to check that in photoshop or something?

If you're using photoshop just make your image 800x530... then when you are all done, add 70 pixels to the bottom by using the Canvas Size tool (CTRL+ALT+C).

Any limitations on the product's country of origin? I've got ideas, but some of the products are from Canada. Can we include a little description in the email to validate our choice?

Any product is OK, regardless of country of origin.

There's not really a way to include an explaination, unless you put it on your image.

Can we send you our ad for you to see if it's all good? And if not we will send you another version

What you submit should be your final. You have a week, so take your time and tweak it until it's exactly what you want.

For this first event, if you submit something that's not within the guidlines, I'll let you know so you can fix it before the deadline without penalty.

Beyond that, you'll be judged on the first file you submit.

Archived