LOGOLYMPIAD EVENT 1

winters in buffalo

Is there anything you can say to help ease my fears that an accurate representation of 1940 advertisement will beunderappreciated due to the low traditional modern design quality of an authentic piece?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anything you can say to help ease my fears that an accurate representation of 1940 advertisement will beunderappreciated due to the low traditional modern design quality of an authentic piece?

So, therein lies the question: What made a great ad back then?

Considering the audience, probably not. :D

Serisouly though, I'll instruct the judges and the voting public to take into consideration some actual ads and logo from that time period before making thier decision.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Also you need to instruct the judges to factor in historical accuracy in consideration of the times. I've got a bit of trepidation about revealing exactly what I mean, as it may be an instant identification of the creator of one or more entries. PM me if you want the details wib.

</B.A. in History>

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'd like to think that judging this particular event wouldn't require a BA in history...

Oh, I don't mean that, but rather an ad from the 1940s should have certain things in them. A bit of cursory research would show what I mean, but I'm not giving out any free information to the public. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Given that none of the products we're using were around at that point in time, histroical accuracy is pretty much tossed aside.

The important thing is the logo, and the ad.

Then why talk about doing something from a time period in history when historical accuracy is tossed aside? I mean, why should I make an effort to make my entry look as historically accurate as possible when that won't even considered in the judging?

Given that none of the products we're using were around at that point in time, histroical accuracy is pretty much tossed aside.

The important thing is the logo, and the ad.

Then why talk about doing something from a time period in history when historical accuracy is tossed aside? I mean, why should I make an effort to make my entry look as historically accurate as possible when that won't even considered in the judging?

Historical accuracy in terms of the design style IS part of the crietria.

I thought you meant historic accuracy in terms of events, etc. That part's not necessary, i.e. If we're going to create ads for iPods in 1945, I guess it doesn't matter who won the war.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived