Sign in to follow this  
Chris062190

Fox Scoreboard

I'm watching the Colts-Rams game on Fox and they have a new style scoreboard. I don't know if this is just a football thing or for all fox sports. It seems pretty unecessary to have 3 different types of scoreboards in 2 years.

Was about to post about this myself.

Absolutely hideous. Just as their angled, black-and-yellow scheme (with too many damned sound effects!) was starting to grow on me, they whipped out this disgusting, 1990s rounded-rectangle deal. Looks cheap, ugly, and hard to read. Major downgrade.

I'm watching the game now and its horrible! I can't even figure out what quarter they're in! What's up with the dots?

I'm watching the game now and its horrible! I can't even figure out what quarter they're in! What's up with the dots?

It appears that the dots are SUPPOSE to represent the quarter they're in, each dot turning yellow one at a time... Why can't they just put "1st", "2nd", etc?

I like it its great on HD less distratcing hopefully they will add a scroll of other scores then it will be perfect.

The dots light up so faintly! And the right half of the ticker is usually empty!

The dots are ridiculous, and the whole score bar is too small.

I think the reason it's less distracting is because you can't see it.

here is the new NFL on Fox scorebar

foxbarnewqh7.jpg

Glad someone posted an example of the new "Fox Box." It seems to me that the new graphics package (especially "Fox Box") feels understated compared to previous years' packages. Yeah, it's there, but it doesn't seem like it's demanding your attention. It's probably due to the constant score and quarter info occupying only the left half of the box (down and timeout info occupying the right half). I agree, however, that the dots indicating the quarter just doesn't work at all; a simple "1Q", "2Q," etc. would work even better. (Besides, would a 5th dot be needed for "OT"?)

here is the new NFL on Fox scorebar

foxbarnewqh7.jpg

For comparision this is the YES bar.

yesbar.gif

The FOX one is different but there are a few similarities in how the abbreviations are presented.

The dots seem to be a brighter yellow now than they were at the beginning of the game, but it's still a stupid idea.

To be honest I actually do like it. I never liked the yellow/black or the silver bar but this I could get used to. I like that FOX always shows progression in the graphical area. Those dots need a little more contrast but that's probably what you're gonna see on a lot of scorebars pretty soon.

That right half of the scoreboard is probably going to be an out-o-town scoreboard showing scores elsewhere around the league. That's the only explanation I think of other than "FOX is dumb."

I just noticed the way the bar changes colors slightly when possession changes; I don't know how well that's going to work when two similarly colored teams play each other.

I like the bar small. It doesn't show in totality on my TV and I like that. I'm all for moderation. I much prefer the smaller CBS box.

I like the bar small. It doesn't show in totality on my TV and I like that. I'm all for moderation. I much prefer the smaller CBS box.

there was a report that CBS was going to change their graphics for this year (maybe a bar)

I just noticed the way the bar changes colors slightly when possession changes; I don't know how well that's going to work when two similarly colored teams play each other.

Well, only one team can have possession at one given time, so it shouldn't be that hard.

It's alright, but it could use some changing. It could have the text a little larger, maybe change those dots to a more recognizable color (like red)....but other than that, it'll suffice for me.