Sign in to follow this  
number81

New Browns Unis

looks good - minus the non-striped socks... still, upgrade - that brown, orange, brown stripe on the pants never looked right to me.

1032614166_l.jpg

That looks really nice, I think. And the orange-brown-orange stripes do look better.

I like the overall look, but I wish they had the thin late 80s striping on the pants. The thick stripes look collegiate to me. Stripes are much better than no stripes but I prefer the brownies with the thin stripes.

They look good i cant wait to see them on tv where i live, shows what minor updates can do to a uniform.

agreed on the thinner stripes... i think they have an alt set of pants with thinner stripes for a more throwback look.

The Colts ditched their striped socks tonight in their first pre-season game in St. Louis. Back to the solid blue socks that the team wore from the late 80's to last year. Good change.

The Colts ditched their striped socks tonight in their first pre-season game in St. Louis. Back to the solid blue socks that the team wore from the late 80's to last year. Good change.

pl_579247.jpg

The Browns new "old" look doesn't look to good IMO. It's new dull looking. I already miss the white facemask. The browns have one of the best helmets in football and there was no need to tinker with it. I hope gray facemasks won't comeback in vogue. First Colts, now Browns, who's next?

The Browns new "old" look doesn't look to good IMO. It's new dull looking. I already miss the white facemask. The browns have one of the best helmets in football and there was no need to tinker with it. I hope gray facemasks won't comeback in vogue. First Colts, now Browns, who's next?

the packers and bears, I hope.

I hope the lions ditch the black, the steelers ditch the italics and the chargers go to powder blue full time.

I hope the lions ditch the black, the steelers ditch the italics and the chargers go to powder blue full time.

as we all do my friend

the packers and bears, I hope.

Remember that Thanksgiving game in 2003 when the Packers played the Lions? Green Bay was wearing a gray facemask and it looked pretty good actually. I don't oppose gray face masks, but the Cleveland white looked so good.

The only teams that a gray face mask does/would work for are:

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Oakland

N.Y. Giants

Chicago

Green Bay

Arizona

San Francisco

Note: San Diego would work if they went to white helmets full time. Washington if they went with the 2002 look they used during home games with the spear on the helmet.

Jurevicius.jpg

Now this is waht i think. Remove the 60 patch and thats one sweet ass lookin uni.

I think the 60 patch is the only reason they're wearing these

I hope gray facemasks won't comeback in vogue. First Colts, now Browns, who's next?

Actually it was the Giants who brought back the gray facemask first...the Redskins used it for the throwback season, and the Packers and the Dolphins have used them for Thanksgiving throwbacks...and all this was before the Colts changed to gray.

Dislike the thick stripe on the pants - it should be thin and only two color - brown and orange. They should have kept the white facemasks, imo.

I think the NFL should pass a rule making it mandatory for players to actually have sleeves. That half - sleeve stripe drives me nuts.

I thought the Browns were going to move the numbers off the shoulder pads to the sleeves?

Those are all excellent suggestions.