Yet more from the addled mind of saintsfan

Saintsfan

1. What is it with thanksgiving? This has to be one of the most bizarre holidays ever. Its not like you don't already have July 4th to give you a day of patriotic chest beating. (I know the story behind it, pilgrims thanking god for surviving a year etc. but jeez! I come from a country without any real national days and the US seems to have about 58!)

2. Will Jack Del Rio rue taking the Jags head coach job on the back of only 1 years experience as a co-ordinator int he NFL? Seems like they are a franchise in for a 'transition period' (sportsspaek for will be rubbish for at least a couple more years!)

3. Mind you some poor fool is gonna have to take the Cardinals coaching job come January.

4. And some poor man is gonna get the Bulls job soon. (The NBA website seemed to think that the Bulls would be appointing someone next week. Karl? Rivers? Isaiah? someone else??)

5. Big up for the Houston Rockets, smart futuristic new unis and a good team to boot!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Americans take Thanksgiving much more seriously than Canadians. I think in some places they get a whole week of....

It's a celebration of eating with the Indians. Then killing all of them a year later :P

Erm, I'm an American, lived here my whole life, and I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a whole week off for thanksgiving. Not to say we don't take it seriously...

But it's also, as Joker pointed out, not really a patriotic holiday. Since the pilgrims and the Native Americans got together for a big feast around this time, we decided to reenact it every year. Makes sense, no? 'Cause you know how fat Americans are and how we love to eat. :laugh:

1. Are Hollidays is what makes US great :cool:

Thanksgiving is fun there is no way anybody can diss it its a holiday around eating and watching football, and something about being thankful. Its just an tradition of Americana and there is no other way to explain it.

2. Will Del Rio rue takingthe Jags Job? It looks like the Jags are going to rue hiring Del Rio. Its ayear of transition but Del Rio has done some strange things including the chopping block which injured his punter.

3. The Cardinals need a whole make over from the top down. New Owners New UNiforms New logos. Just think it worked wonders for Tampa who were losing 10 games a year until 1995, when they got new owners, and a few years later they had new uniforms became contenders and eventually SUper Bowl Champs.

4. The Bulls have young players give them time they may improve the key is patince. They lost Jay Williams for the year taht will hurt but they got stick with the youth and hope they mature into NBA stars.

I think eventually Doc Rivers will be the next coach of the BUlls. He wont coach this yera because of the contract he signed with ABC, but next year is a differnt story.

As for Isaih no way no form no how. He may be for Chitwon originially but he is forver a Piston and thoise Pistons teams and Jordans Bulls teams were huge rivals. Secondly Thomas treated Jordan like crap in the 1985 ASG and Jordan hatres him ever since. Jordan kept Thomas off the Dream Team. Even though Jordan has nothing to do with Bulls currently I doubt they will bring in Isaih.

5. You like those Rockets eye sores ? Blah I dont like them at all Give me rtror or traditional any day.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Americans take Thanksgiving much more seriously than Canadians. I think in some places they get a whole week of....

It's a celebration of eating with the Indians. Then killing all of them a year later :P

Erm, I'm an American, lived here my whole life, and I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a whole week off for thanksgiving.

I get a whole week off from school.

1. Thanksgiving is as American a holiday as there can possibly be but I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination call it a patriotic, chest beating holiday.  It started out as more of a religious holiday and then became more of a secular observation.  For those who may not know, Thanksgiving actually didn't become a fixed holiday until 1941.  Prior to that time the holiday was declared by Presidential decree every year.  Finally, in 1941, Congress passed legislation fixing the holiday as the fourth Thursday in November in perpetuity.  During the last few years of the Depression, FDR had declared the holiday on the second-to-last Thursday of November in an effort to lengthen the Christmas holdiay shopping season and goose the economy a little (no pun intended).  So, there can be little argument that the holiday serves a dual purpose - with, surprise surprise, economics playing a substantial role, but that other purpose is to celebrate family and friends and be grateful for same, not to shout out to the world how great America is.  

2. I think the Del Rio hiring was a hasty and ill-conceived move by the Jags who seem to have completely lost their rudder.  Here's a team that came out of the blocks and quickly built a powerhouse and then almost as suddenly fell back not just to the rest of the pack but downright behind the rest of the league.  With their expansion brethren the Carolina Panthers starting to put things togther again after their meteoric rise and fall, I think there is going to be a lot of pressure on the upper management of the Jaguars to fix things in a hurry.  And that's never a good thing.

3. Having followed the Cardinals for many years prior to their move to Phoenix, I can assure you that until the Bidwills actually hire a complete and competent team of football operations experts and actually allow them to build and maintain a competitive team with no ownership interference, this franchise will never rise above mediocrity and will generally underperform.  McGinnis will likely resurface somewhere else, probably in a support role for a short while, but will likely be a head coach somewhere else and probably do fine.  

4. George Karl should get the job.  He likely won't, but he should.  And this would be a great time to bring MJ back into the fold somehow, certainly not as coach or GM, but something that would satisfy his desire to be involved in the front office and perhaps be a motivating force for the young players, kind of like Red Auerbach has been with the Celtics.  Granted, Auerbach was a great coach, but in his latter years it's been his presence and his mystique that have served the team.  

5. Houston's uni's and team are okay.  Nothing special but nothing alarmingly bad on either front.  They're still the third best team in Texas, but at least they moved ahead of UT.

4. George Karl should get the job. He likely won't, but he should. And this would be a great time to bring MJ back into the fold somehow, certainly not as coach or GM, but something that would satisfy his desire to be involved in the front office and perhaps be a motivating force for the young players, kind of like Red Auerbach has been with the Celtics. Granted, Auerbach was a great coach, but in his latter years it's been his presence and his mystique that have served the team.

Am I the only one who thinks George Karl is a complete and total idiot.

I think he is without a doubt the most overrated coach of the last 20 years in all sports.

He had a good Sonics team he got them to the finals 1 time, in other years he blew a 2-0 lead to the 8th seeded Nuggets and lost to a week Lakers team in the first round.

Then in Milwaukee he had the team to the Eastern Conference Finals in 2001, but after taht no team under achieved more.

Then he was the Coach in 2002 when the USA team with pros was humilated inthe World Championships.

So I just dont get it. I think Karl is an awful coach and should never get a ajob again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think my point with Del Rio is he is obviously an inexperienced coach, and while the Jags may be a good fit as a team, maybe it was just the wrong time.

And Karl has done alright. I personally have always considered him a bit underrated to be fair. Not that he is a great coach, but if you look at the teams he has coached imo they have always over performed rather than underperformed!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived