Seahawks Silver, Royal, Green

hawk36

Has potential, I will say that.

Decrease the size of the numerals, though--they are WAY TOO BIG. (May also want to add TV#s on the shoulders.) And consider going either with the numerla font they used to have (if you want to tie in eras) or the one they have now. I DO LIKE the bigger seahawk on the sleeve--I have no clue why the version they have now is so small (and it looks even worse with that Reebok logo above it damn near the same size). I like the silver with this, too.

Can we possibly get a roadie version of this?

Keep working at it young dog...this has got DEFINITE POTENTIAL...I'd like to see where you can take this.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not a fan of using two different blues on the jersey, especially when you only use one of the two on the helmet. Agreed on the comments regarding the size of the numbers and the missing TV numbers.

It's where I sit.

I'm not a fan of using two different blues on the jersey, especially when you only use one of the two on the helmet.  Agreed on the comments regarding the size of the numbers and the missing TV numbers.

Agreed. I can't tell if the darker blue is supposed to be the shading on the jersey, or a secondary colour. Or both. I would make the shading less dark either way .

Not too bad.

I've always liked the silver helmets. I still don't see why the NFL doesn't allow home and road helmets. Use the silver at home, blue on the road.

Kill the Impact font. It's too thick, and it doesn't work on those jerseys. Go back to the blocky font, and you've got a winner.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Inspite of their recent success, the Seahawks to me will always be silver, royal, and kelly green. That being said, here's my take on combining the old and new looks to create a "truer" Seahawk uniform. Thoughts?

Seahawks_Retro_New2.jpg

these are pretty damn good. A few critiques though:

1. Decrease Number Size

2. Try using Block style numbers instead (the team has always used them and they look good)

3. These might work better with sock striping

4. The silver number outline doesn't look too good, maybe try kelly outlines?

I voted blue also. And personally with their uniform combo I think the blue works better. Having a silver helmet with no silver anywhere else in the uniform I think wouldnt have looked good. Now If they would have kept the silver pants, then maybe it would have looked better.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Decrease the size of the numerals, though--they are WAY TOO BIG. (May also want to add TV#s on the shoulders.) And consider going either with the numerla font they used to have (if you want to tie in eras) or the one they have now. I DO LIKE the bigger seahawk on the sleeve--I have no clue why the version they have now is so small (and it looks even worse with that Reebok logo above it damn near the same size). I like the silver with this, too.

Keep working at it young dog...this has got DEFINITE POTENTIAL...I'd like to see where you can take this.

I wouldn't reccommend calling an esteemed and seasoned designer like Mr. Hawk a 'young dog.' :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

if i were to redesign the set, i would make a white helmet and attempt a more traditional look. that silver looks almost platinum which is certainly unique but not in my taste, but then again the monochrome blue isn't either.

your concept is good though. i like the mix that you were able to create.

I never understood why Seattle didn't use these for their new unis:

seahawksPROTO_03.gif

They let the fans vote on the new helmet, between the silver and blue, and blue won.

i remember i voted blue

anyone knew if they would have had silver pants if this would have one, regardless we still would have mono

Decrease the size of the numerals, though--they are WAY TOO BIG.  (May also want to add TV#s on the shoulders.)  And consider going either with the numerla font they used to have (if you want to tie in eras) or the one they have now.  I DO LIKE the bigger seahawk on the sleeve--I have no clue why the version they have now is so small (and it looks even worse with that Reebok logo above it damn near the same size).  I like the silver with this, too.

I wouldn't reccommend calling an esteemed and seasoned designer like Mr. Hawk a 'young dog.' :P

Thanks for the kind words but, hey, at my age I'll take YOUNG dog :)

Decrease the size of the numerals, though--they are WAY TOO BIG.  (May also want to add TV#s on the shoulders.)  And consider going either with the numerla font they used to have (if you want to tie in eras) or the one they have now.  I DO LIKE the bigger seahawk on the sleeve--I have no clue why the version they have now is so small (and it looks even worse with that Reebok logo above it damn near the same size).  I like the silver with this, too.

Thanks for the kind words but, hey, at my age I'll take YOUNG dog :)

Once again daily local vernacular slips through my brain off my tongue and through my fingers to the boards...

I'm probably younger than you (matta'fact I can put money on it), but I type just about as fast as I talk, and sometimes what I think comes straight out. But hey--if being called young dog help you feel better, mo' betta fo' you folk! :D

Speaking on the Seahawks look, I don't think their current look is bad at all. I actually like it. I just wished they'd use just a TINY BIT MORE of that lime green of theirs. JUST A LITTLE. (Of course, an alternate lime green jersey would REALLY look hot--but I'm a fan of vibrant color, so I may not be among the masses on that one, ESPECIALLY considering the reaction to the Orlando Thunder's look back when I was a lil' one, as has been resurrected on these boards quite a few times...)

As I understand it, wasn't this new "Seahawk Blue" devised to sorta depict the weather of that region--kinda blue but halfway gray? It sorta kinda looks like a mix of both. (And couldn't they have come up with a better name for that color, like "Puget Slate" or something?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived