Sign in to follow this  
MrHockey9

Thrashers 3rd

k heres my take... I like the colour (dodges eggs from the blue haters)... and Im a minor asymmetry fan (love the 96 canada world cup jerseys) BUT... wow.... nice idea just blah.... god bless them for trying do i hate this as much as i hate the stars... no... i think the sleeves should be symmetrical the stripe all the way across... as for the Atlanta on the sleeve im torn... i like the way it looks i may have moved it to the stripe around the body or put a number on the other sleeve just to even it out and there should be a name on the back... as for the laces... doesnt bother me either way....once i get my pc back running i may do my version of these just to see if i am good as i think i am...lmao...

so in conclusion A for effort but I wouldnt buy one

first off, light blue is a great color. ucla, vintage san diego, and new denver nuffets all look nice. and so do these jerseys. atlanta succeded at what dallas faled. both teams tried to make futurisric, nice looking jerseys that are differnet,tey refreshing. dallas failed misrably, but atlanta passed with flying colors. i love the one sleave color idea, and i think atlanta down the sleave is cool. the only thing i would change in the tie down. id chanhe it to a v neck.

Damm it, for once I am gonna join in the near universal sound of condemnation. These are bad!

None of the parts of the jersey are awful in principle, I am quite happy with the one sleeve thing, Fulham in the Premier league in England carry it off nicely, lots of terams look good in powder blue, lace ups are fine with me, 'Atlanta'down the sleeve is okay, but somehow in the execution none of it has worked.

I hope atlanta will dump it nexy year or sooner. The one-sleeve uni makes me sick. I can't get used to it. This is the worst darn nhl uniform i've seen in years.

Atlanta is using the all blue for their "true blue" campaign. I personally like them, and if I hadn't already asked for a Columbus jersey for Christmas, i would ask for this one!  :cool:

Hang on a sec, they don't have letters on the back!

Wow, these are going to be easy to Rafale...

EDIT: They do look better as Rafale-d jerseys.

For some reason I don't hate them. I don't like them in a sense that the sleeves arent the same but other than that I love the color [powder blue] and its just overall a great jersey...

Hang on a sec, they don't have letters on the back!

The practice jerseys they were wearing didn't have the names on them, but they did during the game.

I picked up my new Thrashers 3rd at the game, and I have to say I love everything about this jersey. It rocks. There's a dark navy blue woven in with the light blue that really makes a unique look. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm really happy with this concept. It's my favorite of the three Thrashers jerseys...

Man... isin't it funny that ALL the people who over the years have told me that i don't like new things, and that i don't open myself up to change, are hating this jersey because they "can't get used to it". Yet it is a well designed, very good looking jersey that is just different. The person who made it went outside the normal jersey designing methods and came up with something truly unique and not just some chopped up overused template.

Hypocrites.

Okay, so I just watched the Thrash in action against the Leafs wearing their new third jerseys, and I have to say they look fantastic on ice. In fact, I absolutely love them now and plan on getting one around Christmas time. The one sided striping thing really doesn't bother me and you really don't notice it much on the ice.

Wonderful jerseys!

Light blue is a great color and this could be a great jersey except for the one stripe it's pretty good. I was actually hoping for a dark red version or a light blue version of their current uniforms

These look better in action (they couldn't look worse :;): ).

Ah, what am I saying, I've fallen in love with these jerseys.

Wait a sec, so Atlanta did the same thing Nashville did and weave a color into the main jersey color?  Very nice!

Saw the jersey up close tonight at a Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL(beautiful unis) game. Some kid was wearing one.

Things I noticed:

- What JQK(I think) called matching piping for the other sleeve is just really thick stitching with navy thread which is the stitching done all over the jersey. It looks like inside out stiching. Horrible.

- The mesh holes on the jersey are about twice the size of normal jerseys. I was wearing a Sabres jersey and the holes all over that jersey are circular and smaller than the head of a pin while on these Thrasher 3rds they are ovalish and big.

- I think the KOHO patch on the back of the neck is lower than normal because of the angled ends of the striping.

-There is a burgundy dropshadow on the ATLANTA text.  I believe it's offset down and to the right.  Though it might be down left.  I don't remember. But, point is,  THE TEXT HAS A DROPSHADOW.

Even uglier up close.

Though on TV the white letters and numbers weren't as hard to read as I thought they would be.

P.S.  Fiasco-  those aren't elbow dot colorings.  That's just the underarm mesh.  Navy underarm mesh on an 'ice blue' jersey.  I'm not a fan of those air mesh things anyway and to make them a different color.  Eww.