Thrashers 3rd

MrHockey9

Change is good, I hate to see the templates of any jersey over used, but this is just plain ugly - U_G_L_Y. :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Change is good, I hate to see the templates of any jersey over used, but this is just plain ugly - U_G_L_Y. :P

are you saying this jersey's got no alibi... (U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi you ugly...lol)....

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

M-A-M-A, how you think you got that way? Your MAMA....

sorry...  :laugh:  just had to do it.

Personally, I think that the original idea and conepts are creative and great, but the overall execution just doesn't work 100%. Good main colour choice for it... the navy goes great with the baby blue... but the incorporation of the red & yellow needs work.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Add me to the growing groundswell of ATL 3rd Jersey Fans.

1. The light blue looks clean, sharp, and unique. It is a nice pleasing color. It IS one of their current accent colors, as opposed to the Mooterus' red-that-appeared-out-of-nowhere.

2. The designer must have started with a blank page, and that's refreshing. No preconceptions with what a jersey "has to be" and they made something that can be described as both clean AND different. Very difficult to do as a designer.

3. Atlanta down the sleeve is a unique way to go about it, and I can understand the push-back on that element, but overall, when worn, it doesn't offend as much as it does when pictured flat, folded on a table. I appreciate the interesting approach.

4. Asymmetrical - why not? who does it hurt? A 5 year old team should go new and fresh, rather than pretend they have history they don’t, and try to make a 1920's look. (cough-cough-wild-cough) I think some of you guys wanted a maroon jersey with white stripes at the sleeve, the bottom, and a one-color white version of the bird-in-a-bowl logo. That would be FAKE-classic, and thereby terrible.

5. My only regret is they used the bird-in-a-blender logo instead of their listed "Alternate Logo" (not their second -the awesome T) which is the arrow-shaped bird head. I think that would have looked really sharp.

Overall, I like it, will buy it, and am proud to see a team branch out successfully. Congrats Atlanta.

Don't be ashamed to like it. No one said the majority of moaners and whiners are right.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Add me to the growing groundswell of ATL 3rd Jersey Fans.

Boy thats one small groundswell! I like to think  of myself as a fair minded critic of new unis, on this board in the past I have been both positive and negative about new unis, but this Thrashers uni really reall does suck!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We are getting more and more supporters of this jersey everyday.. it's good to see people thinking for themselves and making their own opinions....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

We are getting more and more supporters of this jersey everyday.. it's good to see people thinking for themselves and making their own opinions....

I agree, and I think it looks horrible for the numerous reasons already stated by the majority (believe it or not, i felt the same way they did as soon as i saw the jersey!  we must be crazy and uncapabale of making our own decisions)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I kind of like the light blue.  You don't ever see that much in hockey.  

I LOVE someone being bold enough to go asymmetrical.  One sleeve is fine with me.  Like Pittsburghs helmet, it's something that seems wrong but totally works.

That being said, writing Atlanta down the sleeve is retarded.  It looks like a nylon Porsche jacket straight out of 1987.  Of course, I hate all writing on jerseys anyway.  You dont need it.  LA?  Yuck.  First version of new Caps......yuck.  Get that off of there. (and thankfully they did)

I dont mind new school jersey design but I do believe the uniform and colors themselves should identify who you are (with your logo, name, # of course).  I can't stand the NFL nameplate things under the color and this gigantic "GIRBAUD" nonsense on jerseys makes me ill.  

Atlanta is close...I like their colors, logos, jersey layouts...but lose the ATLANTA and the little lame triangle  border pattern on the home and road and I'd like them a lot more.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

And what first version of the Caps are you referring to? Pardon my ignorance if this is common knowledge.

Well, if I try to be too exact, I am going to say something innacurate and set myself up for looking foolish.

The first blue/copper/black Capitals jerseys from what '96? both said "Capitals" within the black checkmark stripe that ran across the torso....underneath the eagle.  They've removed that from the white one, and obviously canned the blue one.

AM I remembering that incorrectly anybody?  It could be the white never had it, but I swore it did.

EDIT...yup, here's a photo.  Sorry, not my site.

http://www.geocities.com/pattie_a/Capitals/benda_cap.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Not to send you guys back hunting for it, but I believe when we were talking NHL thirds a few months ago, I warned you! Didn't I warn you? These Atlanta thirds stink. It's such a mish-mash of ideas, between the lace collar, the "Atlanta" on one sleeve, and the old striping from their other jerseys that only works with those jerseys. Bad execution all around, it's kitsch for the 21st century...

...and that may make it stick just because of that, like Captain Highliner NYI or the Canucks Flying 'V'. God help us.

I love the Raf version of the Thrashers 3rd jersey by suigi.

Great stuff! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived