Saint's new jersey patch

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it to commemorate something or is it something like the Steelers/Jets do? It's a nice logo, but if it's like the Steelers/Jets for just extra logo space, it's a little too much.

KISSwall09.jpg

I think it clutters things up to put the patch on the left breast, when they just as easily could have swapped out the helmet logo on the sleeves and replaced it with the Louisiana patch.

The Saints had a Louisiana-shaped patch on the sleeves* in the 80's.

Mills_SaintsHistory.jpghebert.gif

I figured they went with this patch placement for 2006 for a couple of reasons.

> The replicas are easier to re-create with the fleur-de-lis on the sleeves, as opposed to the Louisiana patch on the sleeves.

> The breast placement is definitely more prominent, and perhaps a nod towards asserting that the Saints are indeed still Louisiana's, flying in the face of all the moving rumors.

*yep, saw where I goofed when Survival79 quoted me ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Unless this patch commerated something, they need to toss it. more likely it is Tom Benson kissing up to Louisiana for talking of moving the team last year. With logos on the sleeve, their is no reason to add it to the chest.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The state of Louisiana apologizes for looking like a foot...

No we don't. You need to take it up with John Quincy Adams and Thomas Jefferson (Who set up the boundaries for the state).

Of course, being of the geographically-inclined ilk, I still want to know how inebriated you have to be to design that logo, as to say it has a passing resemblance to the state is an insilt to passing resemblances. Though, amusingly enough, the placement of the star puts New Orleans somewhere on the edge of Barataria Bay. Perhaps the coastal erosion folks were onto something...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

God, those old Rams uniforms look good. Growing up, I always thought they had the best uniforms in the NFL.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I was at the game last night and will post pics soon. I was surprised to see them resurrect the old state-shaped logo, which I always hated. If they decided on a patch, why not a newly-designed one for Katrina or whatever? Well, probably because Tom Benson's cheap.

Anyway, Bush just looked electric out there. Brees was tentative but that's to be expected. Deuce looked very thin, more like his first year or two in the league when he was tearing off 60 and 70 yard runs. Seemed like he bulked up the last couple of years and wasn't as fast.

As stated previously, pics soon.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Man, looking at buckeyes's Paint rendition of the patch, and then looking back up at the actual patch - that patch does a major disservice to the geography of Louisiana. It looks like Louisiana as hand-rendered in colored pencil for a 6th-grade geography class. Fix that!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ya know these pages would load a lot faster if you guys would drop all your personal banners!

"Oh I'm lookin' right at you big daddy"!

Hi, I'm your control panel. With me you can choose many options as to how this board is displayed to you. Here is the one that pertains to your current inconvenience.

boardsettings.png

You're welcome and have a great day!

Seems like someone forgot a little thing called Lake Ponchatrain

louisiana-map.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived