New Baltimore Orioles jerseys?

totc

The MASN interview show 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' has three jerseys decorating the set. In the center is the current Orioles home jersey. But on the the right side of the set is a gray jersey with a black cursive "Baltimore" trimmed in orange, just like the way it was from 1956-1972. One difference? The jersey doesn't zip, but there is black piping on the front.

On the other side of the set is a black jersey with black letters trimmed in orange and white, but it is a block "BALTIMORE", arched, with the same letter style as the New York/San Francisco Giants.

All of the jerseys have the swinging Oriole and the Majestic logo on the left sleeve. Is this a preview, perhaps?

I think its been that way for a couple years now. But I'm not sure because I don't watch the show very often. From what I heard the O's already missed the deadline and can't change their uniforms for next season (nor do they have any plans to). I can't believe the Angelos still wont put Baltimore on the jerseys, even after the gnats moved to Washington.

Those uniforms on that show are the host Tom Davis' concepts brought to life. I remember a radio interview where he stated he didn't like the design of the current Orioles jerseys and mentioned that he had some ideas and would get them created and displayed on the show. These are simply concepts and it is highly unlikely they will ever be worn by the Orioles.

As for Baltimore on the road jersey. I'd like to see it, but I can't say it's a big deal to me. I'm 38 and I have never seen Baltimore on the road jerseys except in pictures from the late 60's. A lot of people like to blame Angelos, but the fact is Baltimore was taken off the road jerseys long before he ever bought the team.

It's Angelos' fault that they're not back on, because he was using the excuse that Washington was in the market and they would be "shut out". Now with the Nats in town, he really has no reason not to put Baltimore back.

He has no excuse not to spend money on improving the team, but he isn't doing that either.

If that's Tom Davis' show, he probably just had Pro-Am run 'em up a while ago.

please forgive my ignorance, but who is Pro-Am???? a local customizing company?

Yes, and a damned fine one as well. They do quite a bit of work for the Orioles, and have done all my stuff since 1998...

It's Angelos' fault that they're not back on, because he was using the excuse that Washington was in the market and they would be "shut out".  Now with the Nats in town, he really has no reason not to put Baltimore back.

He has no excuse not to spend money on improving the team, but he isn't doing that either.

The MASN/Comcast settlement is supposed to mean an influx of money to spend. I'll believe that when I see it.

The problem for the Orioles right now is that they probably need to overpay aggressively (see: Toronto Blue Jays, B.J. Ryan) to sign any frontline free agents. They had one of the best (if not the best) offers on the table for Paul Konerko last winter, but he never really gave them the time of day.

It's Angelos' fault that they're not back on, because he was using the excuse that Washington was in the market and they would be "shut out".  Now with the Nats in town, he really has no reason not to put Baltimore back.

The MASN/Comcast settlement is supposed to mean an influx of money to spend. I'll believe that when I see it.

The problem for the Orioles right now is that they probably need to overpay aggressively (see: Toronto Blue Jays, B.J. Ryan) to sign any frontline free agents. They had one of the best (if not the best) offers on the table for Paul Konerko last winter, but he never really gave them the time of day.

Angelos has made us a laughing stock. Pure and simple...he doesn't know how to run a baseball team.

Pro-Am is AWESOME. Located in the 'burbs, really good people.

PS...If Sweet Pete would put Baltimore on the road jerseys (we're a very proud city...aka, major inferiority complex) he'd win back a lot of fans. Sounds silly...but very true.

Angelos has made us a laughing stock. Pure and simple...he doesn't know how to run a baseball team.

Pro-Am is AWESOME. Located in the 'burbs, really good people.

PS...If Sweet Pete would put Baltimore on the road jerseys (we're a very proud city...aka, major inferiority complex) he'd win back a lot of fans. Sounds silly...but very true.

Agree about the pride/inferiority part. There is a reason the Ravens shoehorned the superfluous "B" into their primary/helmet logo -- because they knew the locals would appreciate it. Angelos could win major points by making a ridiculously small gesture that says the Orioles still take pride in their hometown. I know he didn't take "Baltimore" off of the road jerseys, but it is certainly within his power to put it back.

As for Pro-Am, is it in Lutherville? If I'm thinking of the right place, I drive by it every day on the way home from work.

Angelos has made us a laughing stock.  Pure and simple...he doesn't know how to run a baseball team.

Pro-Am is AWESOME.  Located in the 'burbs, really good people.

PS...If Sweet Pete would put Baltimore on the road jerseys (we're a very proud city...aka, major inferiority complex) he'd win back a lot of fans.  Sounds silly...but very true.

Agree about the pride/inferiority part. There is a reason the Ravens shoehorned the superfluous "B" into their primary/helmet logo -- because they knew the locals would appreciate it. Angelos could win major points by making a ridiculously small gesture that says the Orioles still take pride in their hometown. I know he didn't take "Baltimore" off of the road jerseys, but it is certainly within his power to put it back.

As for Pro-Am, is it in Lutherville? If I'm thinking of the right place, I drive by it every day on the way home from work.

Yup...right in front of Best buy on York Road.

PS...the second they introduce a "Baltimore" jersey, I'd buy one. Mar (the woman who runs ProAm) has been making them for fans for years.

I havea t-shirt version on my site (www.rivalrycentral.com)

I can fully understand Baltimore's inferiority complex -- too bad people don't recognize a gem when they see it.

A weekend at the Harbor and the Yards is an annual highlight for me, and yet every time I visit, I get at least one astonished Marylander ask me, "You're spending your vacation here in Baltimore?!" Yep, and I'm always glad I do.

Yeah, it's actually an influx of money for Peter Angelos to spend for himself. I doubt any of it goes into the Orioles. I hope that MASN becomes big enough he is willing to sell the O's (again I doubt it happens).

I've also heard good things about Pro-Am Sportswear. I plan on going there sometime soon.

A weekend at the Harbor and the Yards is an annual highlight for me, and yet every time I visit, I get at least one astonished Marylander ask me, "You're spending your vacation here in Baltimore?!" Yep, and I'm always glad I do.

I glad to see someone say nice things about Baltimore. I hear alot of people talk badly about it. In a recent Deadspin article people were only talking about how unsafe it is (around Camden Yards mostly, which is actually a very nice area). Happy to see you enjoy coming here every year.

In a recent Deadspin article people were only talking about how unsafe it is (around Camden Yards mostly, which is actually a very nice area). Happy to see you enjoy coming here every year.

Yikes! Camden Yards? Unsafe??! Not my travels.

Happy to visit each year -- a fascinating, historical city. I've never had a bad time.

Archived