Team Movie

fonz

1983 North Carolina State Wolfpack - Beating Phi-Slamma Jamma at the buzzer. Seeing Jimmy V running around like a maniac was an instant sports classic. Not to mention I believe NC State was a 10 seed playing Houston who was so dominate with Drexler and Olajuwon.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1983 North Carolina State Wolfpack - Beating Phi-Slamma Jamma at the buzzer. Seeing Jimmy V running around like a maniac was an instant sports classic. Not to mention I believe NC State was a 10 seed playing Houston who was so dominate with Drexler and Olajuwon.

They made that one it was a TV movie about Jimmy V not very memorable though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117166/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It'd be too soon, but a story focusing on Kurt Warner and the Rams 1999-2000 season and Super Bowl Championship might make a good movie.

And I have the perfect name for it, "How to steal the Super Bowl in 3 Easy Steps!"

Did I miss something? How'd the Rams "steal" that game? The thing I remember about it (aside from the tackle at the 1 yard line) was everybody making a big deal about Warner throwing the game-winning TD when all he did was toss up a desperation wounded duck that the receiver made a great play on. It could just as easily have been intercepted.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They made that one it was a TV movie about Jimmy V not very memorable though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117166/

Oh, they did make a movie about it.... Well It's been tem years. Time to make another one :D

It'd be too soon, but a story focusing on Kurt Warner and the Rams 1999-2000 season and Super Bowl Championship might make a good movie.

And I have the perfect name for it, "How to steal the Super Bowl in 3 Easy Steps!"

Did I miss something? How'd the Rams "steal" that game? The thing I remember about it (aside from the tackle at the 1 yard line) was everybody making a big deal about Warner throwing the game-winning TD when all he did was toss up a desperation wounded duck that the receiver made a great play on. It could just as easily have been intercepted.

You sure? If that's the Warner to Bruce play, I seem to remember that being a strike that hit Bruce in stride.

Are you maybe remember "the Catch" (the Rams version of it, lol) in the NFC Championship game where Warner threw a bomb to the end zone that Ricky Proehl made a great catch on?

My memories a little fuzzy, so I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm not sure what he means by stealing the game either. It was a close game, and I know their was a contreversial (but correct) call in the NFC game against the Bucs where the ball hit the ground on a Bucs catch and was ruled incomplete. I think they changed the rule the next year, but at the time the call was correct.

Perhaps a movie on the XFL?

Who the hell wants to make a movie about that?

Well, I just said I'd like to see it. There's your answer.

I didn't mean to say it like that. I was just askin. Sorry man.

"The Replacements" is close enough.

Is that the one with Keanu Reeves? That's more akin to the NFL strikes of the 80's, the 1987 season in particular. Right?

Yep. God bless those scabs. ^_^

And wasn't Playmakers loosely based on the XFL?

Playmakers was based on the NFL. Hense why its not on anymore. The NFL and some others threated ESPN into taking it off the air. It was a pretty good show. It was kinda like Any Given Sunday but a little more personal with the players.

What a surprising and unanticipated remark.

You know, Paul Simon named an album after you.

Look it up if you can spare the time away from your Mike Jones voodoo doll.

Archived