CONCEPT81: Philadelphia Eagles

bigdub81

Ok I'm back and here's what I got! I really like the green that the eagles use right now but to me it's too much. And to add to that having black as an alternate color to an already too dark scheme just doesn't look right. You have team's in the league that could have gotten away with just darkening their main color a lil' bit without completely over doing it. The rams could have done it to the royal and made it deeper and would have achieved a result along the lines of the 49ers who still keep a classic look without having too bright of a red.

Onto the concept...

1> I took as close to a kelly green as I could get using Illustrator, and darkened it just a bit.

2> Added a single pipe line around the front, shoulders and across the back to 'break' the jersey and give something (you decide)

3> I did away with the black even though it might still look it, it's gone! Instead I used the shade of green that they use now seeing that both their main eagle head logo and helmet logo carried a dark color which was black. I felt that their current green was dark enough to carry into the design and be used as a black.

4> Changed the facemask to grey/silver (honestly it just look's better)

5> I gave the sleeve cuff's, collar, belt and (my added) stripe on the sock's all the dark green treatment. I felt that it was a good contrast to the darker shade of kelly and it made certain aspects of the jersey stand out.

6> No more black meant that the sock color had to go. It was traded for the new kelly green

7> I brought back the grey/silver pants and along with the white set I added a version of the dark green. (I really don't like them but there, there for anybody who would want them) I admire the Eagles, for having a sort of unique style of pant stripes considering that they have none on their helmet and jersey it would be kinda' foolish looking to put a typical stripe on the pant's in that fashion. Instead I added their logo to the side and ran their color's down.

That's about it! I know I type too much and if you are still reading this, Thank's!

C&C as usual and thank's for checking out my post!

CopyofCONCEPT81-Eagles.png

Ok for those who didn't like the dark set of pant's, piping and logo on the pant's....there gone! I would like to throw in an alternate jersey but I'll let you decide on what color it should be. Let me know - C&C as usual - Thank's

CONCEPT81-EaglesRevised.png

Ok for those who didn't like the dark set of pant's, piping and logo on the pant's....there gone! I would like to throw in an alternate jersey but I'll let you decide on what color it should be. Let me know - C&C as usual - Thank's

CONCEPT81-EaglesRevised.png

Green and green...if the Titans can do blue and blue, why not the Eagles with green and green?

The concept looks real good. It's definitely a new look. Could fly in the NFL. Axing the piping was a good move. Not hot about the midnight green pants, but the white ones work REAL good.

Nice work, Dub.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Fantastic. The Eagles should start wearing this today. The only change I would make is to get rid of the white pants and use the gray for home and away, similar to the Giants.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

i actually agree with whitedawg on this. i think the gray pants could work for both and would look better than the white pants, which i dont like at all. the jerseys look great and i really like your color choice. looks great and i wish this would be done in real life. oh, and maybe a gray jersey or a dark green jersey would look good as the alt.

Oh by the way....I didn't go with my usual number of 81 for those philly fans who might still be dealing with the tragic effect's of the T.O. situation. LOL

I don't get it... Jason Avant is #81 here in Eagles Nation. "T.O." is a common nickname for Toronto, Ontario - which has nothing to do with Eagles football. Did something tragic happen in Toronto?

(Serenity now... SERENITY NOW!!) :hockeysmiley:

As for the concept, I like the initial direction. I'm not crazy about the 2-tone green; for some reason, two-tone blue works great, but there aren't too many other colors where you could make this work (brown/tan, black/gray). Green and silver is enough that you don't need the dark green pants.

It's been almost a decade and I still haven't warmed to the Eagles' number font. It's a little too classy and refined for NFL football. They look OK because I am used to them, but I wouldn't get all bent out of shape if they scrapped them tomorrow and were never seen again.

The silver pants are so necessary it's not even funny. And they can work with either the white or the green jersey, just as the old silver pants were used.

A final suggestion would be UCLA-style stripes like the team had in the '60s. I'd ask for the Vermeil Era sleeve stripes (all 9 of them), but that's all the rage now with "Invincible" coming out.

All in all, I like where this is going. Nice stuff, as usual.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ok here are the two alterantes that you asked for. I honestly tried the grey/silver jersey withe the same color pant's and it DID NOT WORK! So trust myself and other posters when it is said that two set's of pant's are needed if it were to be done as a main alternate. The dark green jersey is a play off of their current with the new kelly green mixed in. I personally like the way that the numbers stand out and the other is from the set before for those who wanted the white jersey with the silver pant's - C&C - Thank's

CopyofCONCEPT81-EaglesAlternates.png

Archived