New Vikings Uniform debut

oldschoolvikings

It's not horrible, I guess. I don't like the gold collar, and I hate the abrieviated pants stripe.

After watching these new unis in action, I don't like them. The white side panel is too wide and they just look goofy all around. Nice to see the Vikes hold up the tradition of suckage w/ their jerseys now too......

Hey... did Brett Favre just throw another interception? :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New uniforms SUCK!!!!  and I am a lifelong Vikings fan.  :cry:

gee...Reebok has screwed up another uniform. the side stripes, piping with secondary color stripes, miniature logos on the back shoulders.

the only thing missing to make these unis busier would be advertisements.

32_1_b.JPG

Awful. As bad as the Cardinals.

How about the old six stripe treatment for the pants (like Jax white)? Make it a rule, NFL. New looks have to have logos on the sleeves or shoulders. Why should I buy a Vikes jersey when they look no different from the Cardinals or half a dozen other college teams? Nike and Reebok should stick the stripes where they belong. Yup . . . you guessed it.

Big thumbs down on the new unis. Honestly, will they be wearing these 5 years from now? I hope not. They will look dated quickly. I really hated the white panel on the pants above the purple stripe. Why? It would have looked a lot cleaner to be purple for the whole stripe.

I can't wait for the call to wear the 2006 throwbacks :D

It is just too busy. If the colts or bears ever do something like this, I will throw up.

Plus, I'm not digging the "MV" at midfield. The old V was blah, and now it is blah, blah.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Im  mixed on their new uniforms.  Overall they get a okay... not great, maybe could of been better.

And they uniforms match the helmets? how?  The horn is the same is their norse guy? Or what? I think the purples the same color as it used to be.  And you will almost never match a metallic shell to a textile, which is fine.

Nah, check out some older stuff. The purple in the helmet was off from the purple in the jerseys by a wide margin. I know the pic below isn't the clearest shot, but it does illustrate what I'm talking about:

PF_924379~Randy-Moss-Minnesota-Vikings-Posters.jpg

There's just too much white. The Vikings are supposed to look purple.

No, not just purple. PURPLE!!!

This design will look a lot better on the road uniforms with the PURPLE!!! pants and extra PURPLE!!! on the jerseys.

But I loved the way Childress dressed, wearing PURPLE!!! with the Vikings logo on the cap and on the shirt. Very classy look, and the look Bud Grant always had.

Nah, check out some older stuff. The purple in the helmet was off from the purple in the jerseys by a wide margin. I know the pic below isn't the clearest shot, but it does illustrate what I'm talking about:

PF_924379~Randy-Moss-Minnesota-Vikings-Posters.jpg

ahh I see now. Definatly looks better. Looks like the old shell was more clear coat also while the new helmets in addition to matching better have more sparkle too them.

The teams like the giants and now the vikings who have done whatever to the helmets I think makes them look alot better. The color is so vibrant and juicy.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

They look good. A thousand times better than those soft looking 1970's-ish things they used to wear. Glad they finally got into the 21st century. A nice upgrade.

And you people saying how ugly the Cardinals uniforms are must be blind. They are sharp, clean and fresh. A thousand times better than those drab, dull things they used to wear.

Now, the Chiefs and Redskins need to update/retool their uniforms for 2007. They both look really, really dated and out-of-style. Both could very easily have new fresh, unique looks to the rest of the league, while keeping elements of their past.

The Skins DESPERATELY need to go to the maroon and mustard gold color scheme. Both colors would be totally unique to any other team in the league. The players would love them (I think most aren't real keen on those old things they wear now) and the color scheme would be popular with a younger demographic. Plus, the Skins have worn these colors in their past, so it would appease those stodgy traditionalists.

The Chiefs would be more of a tweaking. The red jersey is just too bright and needs to be toned down a notch. This is a team that doesn't use any black in their uniform that probably should. White numbers with a thin yellow and black outline would probably work well. Maybe add some black trim to the pant stripes as well (as well as making the stripe pattern the same on both white and red pants). Ditch the striped socks. Maybe even make the helmet logo a little bit bigger. And, with the added black accents, this would be a team that would look very good in black shoes as well. Again, the Hank Stram Chiefs wore them, so its a part of the history. Don't need a major overhaul, but its a uniform that looks out-of-touch with the majority of the league today.

And, we all are in agreement, that the Bills need to update their latest updated uniform. The throwback is NOT the answer. But, a combination of elements of the throwback and the current color scheme could look pretty decent.

ACK!

from the TV angle it apeared the Vikings and Raiders were both wearing white. The 'block yet rounded' number font doesn't work. The gold number outline looks like a fringe my grandmother would sew on her favorite pillow. Regress Vikes!

newsig.jpg

I also dislike the rounded number font...makes it look like the numbers are iron-ons that are peeling off. Perhaps that was because it did seem that the numbers seemed not to be stitched on very well, for example, Brad Johnson's shoulder numbers. Also, I thought I saw a shot of Johnson bent over on the sideline that showed the '1' on his back coming loose.

After all the work of designing unis, the execution could have been a lot better.

I also thought there was too much white on these...can't wait to see the away unis with the purple side panels.

I think they look good; there was nothing wrong with the old Vikings unis, but these are a nice update.

Now with the Cardinals, I'll say this: Their red unis are GREAT, their white unis are AWFUL.

Let's just hope that Roethlisberger never plays for the Vikings because those nameplates are so small to accomodate for all the piping. We might see the first abbreviated last name on an NFL jersey.

I don't like them because they don't look like the Vikings to me. The Vikings are a team with alot of tradition, and I hate when teams with tradition go and screw around with it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They look good. A thousand times better than those soft looking 1970's-ish things they used to wear. Glad they finally got into the 21st century. A nice upgrade.

And you people saying how ugly the Cardinals uniforms are must be blind. They are sharp, clean and fresh. A thousand times better than those drab, dull things they used to wear.

Now, the Chiefs and Redskins need to update/retool their uniforms for 2007. They both look really, really dated and out-of-style. Both could very easily have new fresh, unique looks to the rest of the league, while keeping elements of their past.

The Skins DESPERATELY need to go to the maroon and mustard gold color scheme. Both colors would be totally unique to any other team in the league. The players would love them (I think most aren't real keen on those old things they wear now) and the color scheme would be popular with a younger demographic. Plus, the Skins have worn these colors in their past, so it would appease those stodgy traditionalists.

The Chiefs would be more of a tweaking. The red jersey is just too bright and needs to be toned down a notch. This is a team that doesn't use any black in their uniform that probably should. White numbers with a thin yellow and black outline would probably work well. Maybe add some black trim to the pant stripes as well (as well as making the stripe pattern the same on both white and red pants). Ditch the striped socks. Maybe even make the helmet logo a little bit bigger. And, with the added black accents, this would be a team that would look very good in black shoes as well. Again, the Hank Stram Chiefs wore them, so its a part of the history. Don't need a major overhaul, but its a uniform that looks out-of-touch with the majority of the league today.

And, we all are in agreement, that the Bills need to update their latest updated uniform. The throwback is NOT the answer. But, a combination of elements of the throwback and the current color scheme could look pretty decent.

In style? We're talking NFL football, not high school lacrosse. I don't want to see the whole league changing unis every couple of years to be "In style". Isn't that Arena Football? Sure, it would give us a lot to talk about all the time, but I don't want to see classics get tossed down the toilet for some hip design that nike/reebok dreamed up and will look stupid in two years.

count me in as a stodgy traditionalist :P

savedpictures013-1.jpg

They look good, people in the stands like them. Sure, you dont, but then again...you design in MS Paint and like nothing but throwbacks.

They look nice in the pads, i actually LIKE the yellow piping in the back. They are sharp. The white to offset all that awful purple is a godsend. I was sitting in front of a guy and his wife, guy in last year's authentic UDEZE and his wife in replica Greenway. The old ones are just too...purple. Im a huge vikes backer...but less purple, even slightly, is definately a good thing.

Upgrade.

I don't hate these as much as most of you. I think that the number font doesn't work well, and the yellow trim should NOT connect in the back. It would look way better and add to the "horn" effect if it didn't connect. The pants stripes are too out there for me. Fix those three things and IMO it is an awesome uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived