Hawks

mcrosby

And to Leggman...here the logo is without the accent.  In my opinion it looks to blank. 

hawk2bm1.png

i actually think that looks better, but that's just my opinion...i kind of prefer things to have clean, simple lines - to me, that accent looks you're trying to hide an "m" and my eye goes directly to that accent (and i'm trying to figure out what the "m" is for :)) - taking it out leads my eye to the hawk's eye and then to that menacing beak, which you've brilliantly rendered - the eye SHOULD be the focal point of your design, but my eyes don't go there until they have lingered on that accent for a few seconds

i could have really weird eyes, though :)

either way, this is a fantastic hawk and looks great when cleaned up - great work

jldesigns404eo.png

I threw together a baseball mock-up. I put hawks on both the home and away because i have no team name. And to josh, i think that them having the same location and name as a notoriously bad team just isnt right, but think of a city and i'll give it a try.

I admit that i gave in to the "things are cooler when they are black even if its not a primary color" craze and made the alt largely based on black.

C&C please

hawksbaseballbr9.png

Not to insult what is a very nice concept (though the colours remind me a little *too* much of the cardinals, especially considering they're both birds), but why do you (and people in general) still work in Paint?

Paint hasn't been updated by Microsoft in like twenty years, guys. It doesn't have simple antialiasing or anything.

If you insist on raster files, look at Paint.net, which is a much more full-featured free painting program.

Or even better, if you don't feel like springing for Illustrator or Fireworks, why not get the completely free Inkscape and play around with it.

The advantages of vector files don't need to be explained here, but one of the key ones with concepts such as this is the fact that you're likely to want to get the logo printed for portfolio use if you're happy with it. With no antialiasing, and at a very small size in a NON-SCALABLE format, you'd realistically never get an acceptable result when printing.

I don't know... I've just always been shocked at the prevalence of MS Paint in these forums.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Not to insult what is a very nice concept (though the colours remind me a little *too* much of the cardinals, especially considering they're both birds), but why do you (and people in general) still work in Paint?

Paint hasn't been updated by Microsoft in like twenty years, guys. It doesn't have simple antialiasing or anything.

If you insist on raster files, look at Paint.net, which is a much more full-featured free painting program.

Or even better, if you don't feel like springing for Illustrator or Fireworks, why not get the completely free Inkscape and play around with it.

The advantages of vector files don't need to be explained here, but one of the key ones with concepts such as this is the fact that you're likely to want to get the logo printed for portfolio use if you're happy with it. With no antialiasing, and at a very small size in a NON-SCALABLE format, you'd realistically never get an acceptable result when printing.

I don't know... I've just always been shocked at the prevalence of MS Paint in these forums.

You don't have to look for it, or even have to know where to look, it comes with your OS.

I must say, I wouldn't have known where to look for a different version.

Also, most people here aren't designers.

Forking out whatever Adobe thinks Illustrator is worth is not within the reach of people who do other things for their income, and this for a hobby.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived