My Peca of a Day

Babydoll

Wow, that is great he got to keep Peca's jersey. It looks like it was a great, great day and I'm sure hes still on a high from that. I sure know I'd be if I got to skate with Mike Peca! I'm sure he'll be the envy of his school once it rolls around, I mean, who can honestly brag they won a contest and got to skate with an NHLer?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What are Shreddies? Frosted Mini Wheats in Canada?

That's sweet that you got to meet Peca though. It's even cooler that he played with you guys. I actually have an NHLer's cell number...not that I ever plan on calling him...it's just kinda there for bragging purposes. I'm not gonna say who it is, but he's on my favorite team, and he's not a big name.

That's sweet that you got to meet Peca though. It's even cooler that he played with you guys. I actually have an NHLer's cell number...not that I ever plan on calling him...it's just kinda there for bragging purposes. I'm not gonna say who it is, but he's on my favorite team, and he's not a big name.

My friend has Woljek Wolski on his facebook (the kid goes/went to York and thus, has a facebook). I've been tempted to see what other NHL'ers (prospects) have one...but I'm kind of lazy. I'm sure quite a few OHLer's have em.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What in the hell are Frosted Mini Wheats?

Shreddies = Life cereal

Okay so if my dad wasn't laidoff the day after the Peca thing, then we'd still be really happy. Okay so we're happy, but more worried about what we're going to do about money, it's not good that i'm the only one with a job and I only make 8 bucks, and only get like 20hrs if i'm lucky.

Peca was really nice, easy to talk to, and the whole thing was just amazing. The local paper did an article (and yes, it was longer than Creamer's article :P ) and it made us all cry.

The one thing that will stick with me though is that they all told me, Peca included, that my essay that I wrote that won this contest for my brother, was picked as #1 in all of Canada. Damn my professors for giving me C's :cursing:

Does he still have that hot wife?

All I know is that he has family here in the GTA and lives in NY state, which is why he wanted to switch teams on top of the fact that the road trips are shorter for the Eastern Conference. Oh, and he said he has an 8 year old...who also plays hockey.

What in the hell are Frosted Mini Wheats?

Shreddies = Life cereal

Okay so if my dad wasn't laidoff the day after the Peca thing, then we'd still be really happy. Okay so we're happy, but more worried about what we're going to do about money, it's not good that i'm the only one with a job and I only make 8 bucks, and only get like 20hrs if i'm lucky.

Peca was really nice, easy to talk to, and the whole thing was just amazing. The local paper did an article (and yes, it was longer than Creamer's article :P ) and it made us all cry.

The one thing that will stick with me though is that they all told me, Peca included, that my essay that I wrote that won this contest for my brother, was picked as #1 in all of Canada. Damn my professors for giving me C's :cursing:

I hope you will either post the essay or could somehow pass it along to me because now I'm very, very, very interested in reading it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad and I hope the whole Major clan can bounce back onto their feet soon!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Here is the essay:

Kraft Hockeyville Essay Contest

In 1994, my family found out that my two-year old brother was almost deaf. He would require a vast amount of surgery and of course special assistance for the rest of his school life to correct the problem. At the tender age of three, he started to skate at the arena I frequently played Ringette at. Eventually, he started to play hockey with everyone behind him to help. Though he could not hear the coaches very well, he was determined to skate, pass, and score. My parents and I would always be there for him to watch him achieve his goals. Hockey is a part of my brother?s life in a way many people could not understand. He makes his friends through hockey, gains his self-esteem through hockey, and most of all, he is proud of himself through his accomplishments in hockey. Without hockey, I cannot tell you how my brother would be able to get through his rough times. That is why my brother, Stephen Major, deserves the chance to practice with an NHL player.

Archived