Sign in to follow this  
Brass

Canucks Concept

Well here's my first concept in quite a while, and it was a pretty wacky journey to this concept.

Let me post my ORIGINAL design for the concept right here:

Canucks-Crap.jpg

I have MS Paint though!!! SO IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!111 :evil::cursing:

Then, I decided to actually put forth some effort into it, clean it up, and do the absolute best I could. I also decided to invest more than 3 minutes into my concept. The final piece is:

Canucks-1.png

I thought it came out pretty good.

C&C welcome as always!

I could see them in that first one.

Seriously though, I can't say the real concept is better than their cuurent jerseys, because it's really the same colours with their bad logo. The concept is kind of stuck in the middle. It's not bad, but it's not awe inspiring either.

EDIT: You may already be aware of this but it has no name or numbers.

Edited by steiny_ramone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, Brass, you are SO funny. Hilarious. I spilled my soda out my nose and then, because I wanted to see how it felt again, reloaded this thread and shot soda out my nose all over again because it was so funny, TWICE!

Cute concept, too. Though, it's not that big an improvement over the current jerseys, so I'm not sure why you bothered to do it twice. My biggest concern is the lack of player names or numbers.

Considering how much time you say you spent on this project, and how talented and insightful a designer you are, I'm surprised that you overlooked the importance of being able to tell players apart on the ice.

How are the Sedin twins supposed to be able to have their statistics accurately recorded if there's no numbers or player names on the jersey backs? These are the things you really have to think about if you're going to make it in the competitive world of sports design, my chummiest of pals.

Oh man, Brass, you are SO funny. Hilarious. I spilled my soda out my nose and then, because I wanted to see how it felt again, reloaded this thread and shot soda out my nose all over again because it was so funny, TWICE!

Cute concept, too. Though, it's not that big an improvement over the current jerseys, so I'm not sure why you bothered to do it twice. My biggest concern is the lack of player names or numbers.

Considering how much time you say you spent on this project, and how talented and insightful a designer you are, I'm surprised that you overlooked the importance of being able to tell players apart on the ice.

How are the Sedin twins supposed to be able to have their statistics accurately recorded if there's no numbers or player names on the jersey backs? These are the things you really have to think about if you're going to make it in the competitive world of sports design, my chummiest of pals.

Wow. At least now I know who, and who can't take a joke on these boards.

-Did I say it was a huge improvement? No. I know it's just a slight upgrade, but I think it looks better than what they actually have now.

-Did I ever say I was a "talented and insightful designer"? No. But it doesn't take a college degree to understand what's bad and what's good.

-Also, if you have ever seen my other concepts (which you haven't, as it seems you love to jump to conclusions.) then you would understand I rarely put names/numbers on my concepts.

You had your say, I had mine. Now please go away from this concept and make room for people who actually have critism on the jersey, not sarcasim.

Well here's my first concept in quite a while, and it was a pretty wacky journey to this concept.

Let me post my ORIGINAL design for the concept right here:

Canucks-Crap.jpg

I have MS Paint though!!! SO IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!111 :evil::cursing:

Then, I decided to actually put forth some effort into it, clean it up, and do the absolute best I could. I also decided to invest more than 3 minutes into my concept. The final piece is:

Canucks-1.png

I thought it came out pretty good.

C&C welcome as always!

the 2nd one is okay, but I LOVE the first one.

umm...what exactly did you change from the currents though, in the 2nd one?

The first is pure unadulterated genius.

Hey CCM/RBK, you seeing this?

I smell a new alternate.

Canucks-Crap.jpg

OMG TOTALLLY AWESUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one!11!!!11!1 1! one!

If you wanted real feedback in this thread, you'd have posted a real concept and shown real effort behind the whole thing. Instead, every single message so far has focused more on the first image, that of the dirty, ridiculous drawing of your Canucks jersey idea.

I could see them in that first one.

---

I like the first one better personally. tongue.gif

---

the 2nd one is okay, but I LOVE the first one.

---

Yeah, the first is very impressif but the second... tongue.gif

---

The first is pure unadulterated genius.

Hey CCM/RBK, you seeing this?

I smell a new alternate.

---

You had your say, I had mine. Now please go away from this concept and make room for people who actually have critism on the jersey, not sarcasim.

Please, when someone with actual criticism on the jersey you designed here steps forward to discuss it, rather than proclaiming your comedic genius for drawing some sloppy lines in MS Paint, I'll step aside. Everyone else in the thread focused not on your design but on the patsox-type drawing at top, but I'm the only one that made your thong crinkle up the wrong way?

Is it because I'm the only one who called you out for a stupid joke that took away from the actualy design that you say was supposed to be the main topic of the thread? Because, as I've seen so far, I'm the only one who's given you any real feedback on the jersey design, which is that it looks unfinished and ridiculous without numbers.

I find this especially interesting, because your whole self-inflating rant in the original post was about how you actually think through all your concepts and spend real time on them. And then you tell me that you routinely, purposely don't finish your concepts, and act as if I'm in the wrong because you can't spend two extra minutes fitting numbers correctly on the back of the shirt? Good work, captain.

Yes, everyone else thinks you're funny, and they let you know that. No, I don't think you're funny, and I let you know that, too.

But, I also went on to tell you what I think is wrong with the design. Nobody else did.

You should beg everyone else that has responded to this thread to give you real, actual, feedback instead of ignoring the design entirely, like they have already.

You're welcome. Grow up.

I think it is childish to continually make fun of a member who is not even here to defend himself.

It has become the post du jour for a lot of people lately.

To all of you that are so inclined, grow up.

If the underside of their arms is mostly Navy, wouldn't you then make the sides Navy as well?

I think what would be we received is that from side on the sleeves would form a V.

What would the Navy Home look like?

All up, I don't mind it. I'd like to see it on St Patty's template.

Im all for making fun of Patsox, but at least wit until he comes back and posts another concept, then, if its still crap, then you can continue.

Anywyas, about your concept.

I think its a good idea. Definately very clean and it looks like you spent alot of time, however, it wouldnt hurt to put numbers and names so we know what it would be like. Maybe even a shoulder patch.

I like how the shoulders would form a "V" and I like the striping. They would look very good on the ice. Maybe try a diffferent logo besides that one somehow. I cant wait to see a colored version, if youre doing one.

Canucks-Crap.jpg

Have you been taking notes from patsoxs ??? :D

You know what the irony here is? I think the sloppy-looking one actually took more work to create.

I wouldn't say it's an attack on Patsox in general, but an attack on all the newer members who don't take there time on a concept.

I resemble that remark...lol

O and the jersey is ...ok

so shoot me

something that bugs the hell out of me with hockey concepts is that people never do the pants, or socks, or helmets. The hockey jersey itself only makes for 1/4th of the total uniform package. I understand the point you're trying to make, but I think if you're going to do any sort of hockey concept you could at least put the other elements of the uniform in there with it.

something that bugs the hell out of me with hockey concepts is that people never do the pants, or socks, or helmets. The hockey jersey itself only makes for 1/4th of the total uniform package. I understand the point you're trying to make, but I think if you're going to do any sort of hockey concept you could at least put the other elements of the uniform in there with it.

If I could find a template for all of those I would love doing them!

thats true..well there is the one where the hockey player is standing and has a stick in hand and hes fully suited and looks to be in action. ive seen the template used here a few times