Chicago HouseCats

BostonBlazer

First, let me tell you about the team name. This type of "housecat" is not the kind you'd find as a pet. I'm actually referring to a cat of "house music," a form of electronic dance music (or EDM) evolved from disco. This explains the DJ headphones and vinyl record this feline's got here in this logo. House music had its roots in Chicago back in the 1980s. The music genre got its name from the nightclub it was formed in, the Warehouse.

Here I only have the logo ready. The jersey's still in the making. I chose the colors, maroon and gold (and black and grey). A different color scheme is optional. But I haven't thought of any.

chclogowe2.th.png

It's a good looking picture, but I'm not sure how well it's going to work as a logo. I also can't get over the fact that for some reason the headphones make the cat look like an egghead. It's really distracting, for me at least.

-I like it, though I'm not sure this entire logo would work on a uni. Maybe for a crest logo use just the cathead with headphones (you'd have to give him a mouth obviously). And for a shoulder patch have just the record with the claws on either side.

-The eyes look like they have V's in them. Is this a hidden element or just coindidence? If there's no reason behind it you might think about making them slightly more curved.

-Maybe add some maroon striping/shading to the claws like you did on the face.

Good looking logo overall

To be honest, I would love to see you use whatever that is in your avatar...

LT

I already have plans on using this character in my avatar for a different concept. Just stay tuned for that.

RCB- I'll take your suggestion and create the two logos you had in mind, the cat head with headphones for the crest and the record with claws for the patch, as well as adding more maroon to balance out the colors. You were wondering about the pupils in the eyes. I was actually just trying to make regular cat-eyes, nothing real unusual. ;)

I thought you meant house cat as a cat that just sits around your house all day. I was going to suggest the alternate jersey have a logo of a fat kitty licking his butt.

I wonder how many posters here thought that when they read this thread's title? :lol:

Revised logos:

What I did for the patch logo was come up with two different color schemes, one with the colors from the original and one with the maroon and gold on the record. I want to see which one you like better.

chclogo2dk4.th.png

chclogos2bwr3.th.png

• 1 month later...

Archived