New Air Force uniforms

jimsimo

If the pants go down into a lightning strike then I wont be as dissapointed.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about these:

mitchell.jpg

:P

Funny you mentioned those...the Air Force is considering those Marine-like uniforms because of all the criticism over the years that they look like they're just wearing blue suits and don't look military enough. :rolleyes:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Looks like Nike strikes yet again.

8528.jpg

Yuk. :mad:

Not exactly befitting a service academy, in my opinion. Even if it is the Air Force. (Which I guess explains this change... :D j/k)

I somehow doubt the pants stripes to this top extend into a lightning bolt. But hey--I could be wrong, you know...

Now, about those new servicemembers' uniforms. Didn't know the AF was considering a change in service class A's. But then again, they've been yellin about changing uniforms for a good while, from that blue-camo tiger-stripe getup they tested a while back to now this. Well--at least it keeps SOME level of blue. It ain't doing like the Army, making its dress blues it's new official (and apparently, ONLY) service dress class A uniform.

But I digress...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

mitchell.jpg

Chinese Collars!

The USAF needs to use that shade of blue with World War 1-style Royal navy dress uniforms.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

mitchell.jpg

Funny you mentioned those...the Air Force is considering those Marine-like uniforms because of all the criticism over the years that they look like they're just wearing blue suits and don't look military enough. :rolleyes:

They actually look more like U.S. Army's World War I dress uniforms than Marines. The Marine jackets had red piping for the enlisted even before the 1900's. The sergeant's stripes should move closer to the shoulder though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

mitchell.jpg

They actually look more like U.S. Army's World War I dress uniforms than Marines. The Marine jackets had red piping for the enlisted even before the 1900's. The sergeant's stripes should move closer to the shoulder though.

With the medals on his uniform, the guy is dressed like he's Kaiser Wilhelm. All he needs is the helmet with the spike on top. The ribbons look okay on the Chief's uniform.

I don't understand why they are going through another uniform wear test. The uniform we have now is fine (the pre-cursor to it with the officer rank on the sleeve was an abomination). The one we had before that (with the four pockets) was also fine.

The Army was looking at a new Class A uniform that also had a belt on it. Then they realized that belt accentuated the beer bellies of some of the higher ranks. Since Airmen are in no way as fit as soldiers, the belt is going to cause all kinds of ebarrasment to the AF.

I've always thought that AF should try to model their unis after the San Diego Chargers, without being exact copies since they have used the lightning bolt for so long.

heh, I remember when they did just that. jerseys had the lightning bolt shoulders, the lightning bolt pants. shoot, one of my cousins wore the last version of the Charger-style unis in his one year on the AFA JV, teh version with northwestern striping underneath.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived