New Air Force uniforms

jimsimo

With the medals on his uniform, the guy is dressed like he's Kaiser Wilhelm.  All he needs is the helmet with the spike on top.

Kaiser Bill would never look so modest!

WilhelmIIx.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I've always thought that AF should try to model their unis after the San Diego Chargers, without being exact copies since they have used the lightning bolt for so long.

heh, I remember when they did just that. jerseys had the lightning bolt shoulders, the lightning bolt pants. shoot, one of my cousins wore the last version of the Charger-style unis in his one year on the AFA JV, teh version with northwestern striping underneath.

I thought they might have had that look. My memory was a little hazy on that. Does anyone have any pics of those Charger-inspired unis?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Still looking but, I did find this photo from a few years ago with the lightning bolt on the pants like the Chargers have.

art.jpg

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

They actually look more like U.S. Army's World War I dress uniforms than Marines. The Marine jackets had red piping for the enlisted even before the 1900's. The sergeant's stripes should move closer to the shoulder though.

Yep, that's what they are. They're throwbacks to the earliest days of the Army Air Service.

Those are one of two prototypes that the USAF is considering. It's called the "Billy Mitchell heritage coat". The other one is more like the ones they have now, with a notch collar and neckties, and is named after Hap Arnold.

article07272006b.jpg

Story and more pics here.

Personally, I like the Billy Mitchell coat. I like that the USAF, traditionally the worst-dressed of our services, is interested in reclaiming its heritage.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.... :P

As a huge fan of the Lightning Bolt (thank you Orlando Thunder, San Diego Chargers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Golden State Warriors), these are meh at best. I recall their jerseys of the mid to late 90s looking awfully similar to the Chargers, with the Lightning Bolt over the shoulder. It was current AM570 weekend host and former Voice of the Chargers Lee Hamilton who said it best....

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT ! ! !

Kent State used to have uni sets that were spot on with the chargers. In the 80s when Kent State played Ball State it looked like a Chargers-Cardinals game as Ball State had nearly identical St. Louis Cardinals unis- we're talking tops, pants and helmets for both clubs.

fade.gif

Personally, I like the Billy Mitchell coat. I like that the USAF, traditionally the worst-dressed of our services, is interested in reclaiming its heritage.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.... :P

One of the complaints about the current uniform is that it lacks "tradition." However, how do you create tradition if you keep changing your service dress?

I only know one person in the Air Force personally, but that's not the complaint I've read online. The #1 complaint I've read is that the current uniforms look like business suits.

They don't need to create a tradition, only recognize the one that they have. Adopting a uniform that hearkens back to the early days would be a good start.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about these:

mitchell.jpg

:P

they look like the cop uniforms in "Demolition Man" all they need is a baseball cap.

Dude, you called it. I think that might even be the general there next to Sandra Bullock! :D

demolition_man_large_09.jpg

Have to say the Kaiser Wilhelm "spiked helmet" post had me LMAO, and believe me, 2 hours from the end of my third straight 12-hour overnight shift I needed a good laugh!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Air Force's new away jerseys have silver numbers on them.

2006928__spt_mwcnotes_0928~1.jpg

I actually like the silver numbers but I'm not sure if they'd be readable.

Anyway, get rid of the blue side panel and put a lightning bolt on the pants, and these would be some rocking uniforms.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about these:

mitchell.jpg

:P

they look like the cop uniforms in "Demolition Man" all they need is a baseball cap.

Dude, you called it. I think that might even be the general there next to Sandra Bullock! :D

demolition_man_large_09.jpg

Have to say the Kaiser Wilhelm "spiked helmet" post had me LMAO, and believe me, 2 hours from the end of my third straight 12-hour overnight shift I needed a good laugh!

Enhance your calm, John Spartan...

nav-logo.png

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Air Force's new away jerseys have silver numbers on them.

2006928__spt_mwcnotes_0928~1.jpg

I actually like the silver numbers but I'm not sure if they'd be readable.

Anyway, get rid of the blue side panel and put a lightning bolt on the pants, and these would be some rocking uniforms.

Those are sweet away jerseys. But that wide pants stripe is, like, so 1998.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived