Mlb hat colors

logos are cool

Stripes on the hats CAN work, like the afore mentioned Nats cap, but it can get dangerous. Pittsburgh must NOT be trusted to create caps ever again. Their lisence has been suspended.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I got a good laugh at that you said. But it's true, pal.

The Bucs had some of the horrible caps in baseball history.

cap_garner_berra.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cap_garner_berra.jpg

Looks like a layer cake. What are the different stars on the cap for? The guy on the left has 4 stars on the hat, and 1 on the bill...guy on the right looks like he has 8 on the bill...anyone know what the significance of this was?

And I want one of those 3-color-crown Expos hats...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You don't remember Stargell Stars? Think pride stickers on college football helmets (for good game performances) for an analogy.

As for the hats, may those pillbox atrocities never make a comeback. Same with the gold Pirates cap.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

or the Pilots "scrambled eggs"

1969pil.jpg

Actually that hat is'nt accurate, it's a bad reproduction. Those things on the front are actually laurels.

The military vernacular for laurels on a cap bill is "scrambled eggs."

You're both correct.

You don't remember Stargell Stars? Think pride stickers on college football helmets (for good game performances) for an analogy.

That's what I thought they were, but I'd never heard of them in baseball before.

I'm thinking that maybe those stars are for home runs made by the owner of the cap.

That's what I thought they were, but I'd never heard of them in baseball before.

I'm thinking that maybe those stars are for home runs made by the owner of the cap.

Here is what was said about the "Stargell Stars" from Willie Stargell's obituary after he died on April 8, 2001 [the very same day the Pirates opened their new ballpark].

A dynamic leader on the field with his tape-measure shots and a fatherly yet forceful presence off it, Stargell distributed his coveted "Stargell Stars" for extra effort to teammates who proudly attached them to their ballcaps.

"We fought for those stars," former teammate Bill Robinson said Monday. "Those were precious. If he forgot to give you one, we'd be at his locker saying, 'Willie, I did this' or 'Willie, I did that.' To get those stars from your leader and captain, that was special."

nl_2001_pittsburgh.gif

That 2001 season, the Pirates wore a shoulder patch commemorating their new ballpark. And in a much more prominent position -- right over their hearts -- every Pittsburgh player, coach and manager wore a large "Stargell Star" the entire season.

2001-04-07-inside-stargell.jpg

And as you can see, there are "Stargell Stars" all around Willie's statue outside PNC Park.

UniWatch_Stargell.jpg

"Pops" even awarded Stars to himself, as you see here, but judging from the number of them, it appears he only gave himself a micro-fraction of those he deserved.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

i think the mlb needs to brighten up and stop teams from adding black trim for no reason. the phillies should go back to that unique burgundy, the red sox - red caps for one uni at least, the pirates - gold caps...marlins with the teal (teal gets a bad rep with being associated with the early 90's but i think it fits well with a florida team rather than the overused black).

the padres can go back to brown and still look classic - maybe a darker tone of brown and subtle uses of golden yellow. I like the concept of their new khaki road unis but the rest of the design was blah.

as for exceptions - i'd prefer the angels go with a navy cap with red "A" and brim. and i think the orange brim doesn't work with the orioles cap for some reason - maybe i just don't like the realistic bird.

Archived