Little League World Series Thread

Gamingboy

My biggest beef with the LLWS is the way half these kids act. Calling a timeout (dramatically) every other pitch (digging in for effect), adjusting the batting gloves, and staring down the bat when THEY swung at a terrible pitch and missed. I get the fact that it's fun to pretend you're one of your idols, but please leave it at that. You only get to be a kid once, behave like a kid and enjoy yourself.

newsig.jpg

He's 13. He's 6'8", 256+ lbs., and he's 13.

Last year, at age 12, he was 6'4".

His birth records are checked repeatedly. At least 5 times over the last few games.

He has a teammate who has to be over 6'0" as well.

Little League changed the rules this past year over age eligibility. I can't remember the specifics...I think a player was eligible to play as a 12 year old as long as he turned 13 that August (when the LLWS is played). The date was moved back, and now there are more players who are 13, but technically eligible as 12's.

And, as in this case, there are 13 year olds who hit their growth spurts early.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He's 13. He's 6'8", 256+ lbs., and he's 13.

Last year, at age 12, he was 6'4".

His birth records are checked repeatedly. At least 5 times over the last few games.

He has a teammate who has to be over 6'0" as well.

Little League changed the rules this past year over age eligibility. I can't remember the specifics...I think a player was eligible to play as a 12 year old as long as he turned 13 that August (when the LLWS is played). The date was moved back, and now there are more players who are 13, but technically eligible as 12's.

And, as in this case, there are 13 year olds who hit their growth spurts early.

And thanks to that, one of the Transatlantic Kids will be the only player ever to play in three Little League World Series.

LvZYtbZ.png

"Transatlantic" is really just a way of saying "Americans overseas". It's Oil Companies, Military Bases, research facilities, etc.

Yes. In fact, prior to the expansion of the field from 8 to 16, they were grouped together as one entity, called "Europe", and aside from the one year that a Russian team made it through, they were always represented by the Arabian-American Little League. With the expansion, it's good to see a pure European team in there every year.

philly.png

Wow but 6'8" Michael Jordan is not even 6'8"

Not many MLBers are 6'8"

I heard that there are 9 MLB teams that don't have anyone as big as him.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow but 6'8" Michael Jordan is not even 6'8"

Not many MLBers are 6'8"

What, he can't be 6' 8' because MJ is only 6' 6"? Well, that boy needs to shrink two inches to meet the limit!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I dont buy he is 13 no 13 year old is 6'8" it seems impossible.

Deny it all you want, but this kid is legit. However, to make you feel better, here's how it happened...

<Dark Alley in Dharain, Saudi Arabia>

Shady Baseball Scout: I've got just the guy you're looking for. A true five-tool player. You'll be all set with him on your team. Straight from our AAA... er Latin America youth affiliate!

Dharain Manager: *looks at photo and stat sheet* Er, he's 6'8".

Shady Baseball Scout: So he ate his Wheaties since he was three weeks old... *shrugs shoulders*

Dharain Manager: Got the paperwork?

Shady Baseball Scout: My secretary forg...er put them together herself.

Dharain Manager: Let's do it...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived