Red Sox vs. Yankees

ZBoyer

Goooooooood morning, Boston! :D

Wake up and smell the massacre!

Hope y'all are enjoying the magic Javy Lopez brings to the Sox...

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never trully understood how much Jason Varitek means to the Sox until now. For that matter Tim Wakefield too he always seems to get big outs agaainst teh Yankees and seems to releive and start at least once in each series.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As someone who couldn't really care less, I hope the Yanks open up a 15 game lead... or that the Sox do... or that someone does something that causes the media to acknowledge that there are 28 other MLB teams just once in a while.

Well, the Yankees seem to be doing their part!

BTW, for this to be a true Boston Massacre, where is Samuel Adams whipping up consternation among the populace?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Now the media will talk about a probable Subway Series next October.

Actually ESPN has already doomed the Mets to a Division Series defeat because of a lack of pitching. I assume already that the talking heads have called a Dodgers-Yankees series.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

With a 200-250 million dollar payroll, you had damn well better win your division!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

With a 200-250 million dollar payroll, you had damn well better win your division!

Exactly.

It's hard to win with the Pawtucket Red Sox as your pitching staff.

Honestly, the Sox Yankees series deserves the hype, I have lived all over the country, and there are no bigger passionate markets... with the inclusion of Chicago.

Excuse me Red Sox fans you have no right to be bitter you had a big payroll in 2004, and have not chosen to keep any of your big Free Agents. You could of still had Damon, and Arroyo but you dont. You could have Meyers but you dont, its not the Yankees fault that the Sox have made some bad moves over the last few years. Its not the Yanks fault they got Abreau and the Sox stood pat on July 31st. When you know you have to battle the Yankees the Sox cant allow things like this to happen without responding if they want to win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

ESPN = Bristol, CT.

Bristol, CT = in between Boston and New York.

Boston vs. New York = big news in Boston, New York and Connecticut.

TV station in CT broadcasts big news in CT.

Bored? Watch FSN.

I would if I got FSN.

We have Sunsports. But they've only been showing classic college football games all summer.

So I have nothing to watch. I wish the Reds were on more. Especially since they're not half bad this year.

Now the media will talk about a probable Subway Series next October.

Actually ESPN has already doomed the Mets to a Division Series defeat because of a lack of pitching. I assume already that the talking heads have called a Dodgers-Yankees series.

And have the Dodgers the needed pitching to win the NL pennant? I don't think so.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Excuse me Red Sox fans you have no right to be bitter you had a big payroll in 2004, and have not chosen to keep any of your big Free Agents. You could of still had Damon, and Arroyo but you dont. You could have Meyers but you dont, its not the Yankees fault that the Sox have made some bad moves over the last few years. Its not the Yanks fault they got Abreau and the Sox stood pat on July 31st. When you know you have to battle the Yankees the Sox cant allow things like this to happen without responding if they want to win.

Arroyo? Please. Have you checked his stats lately? He benefitted from going to an inferior league in which the hitters were unfamiliar with him. Now he's struggling, just as he'd have been doing the entire time if he were pitching in the AL East.

As for Damon, The Red Sox didn't make a mistake with him. They offered him what they thought he was worth over the course of his entire contract. The Yankees overpaid for him -- they have the resources to do that. You think he'll produce like this into the third and fourth years of his contract? That's what the Red Sox based that decision on. There's no saying at this point whether or not it was a good move. We'll also have to look into Coco's second year and how he adjusts to the pressure of Boston. Players usually should get a one year grace period. The situation is the same with Pedro Martinez. Last year everybody was saying how big of a mistake not resigning him was -- but it's the same exact situation as Damon. They were looking into the latter years of his contract, and he's already showing signs of breaking down. And Mike Myers? What? The problem with this team is not that they don't have a left-handed reliever to face one batter per game.

There was nothing the Red Sox could do to match the Abreu deal -- the Red Sox made a play at Abreu but he would've costed too much and the Red Sox were unwilling to take on his entire salary. $27 million over the next two years. Besides, they didn't need an outfielder. All they really needed was pitching. While I'm a little upset that they didn't make a play at some left-handed relievers for cheap, that wouldn't have been nearly enough to make this team a legitimate postseason contender. For good starting pitching the Red Sox would've had to give up some top prospects and the team wasn't willing to mortgage their future. That's the mentality of the front office. Either way -- let's say the Red Sox ended up getting Abreu -- he can't pitch. The biggest need goes unaddressed.

Can't say I agree with it too, much. But Theo's earned some time and some slack. In my opinion, though, the team has a historic 3-4 -- easily one of the best ever -- and they should be building to win now around Manny and Ortiz. But hey, I also thought they overpaid for Varitek and it's become extremely obvious how valuable he is to the team.

IUe6Hvh.png

when the series began I had no interest, but as the Red Sox started to lose game after game I got into it. The Red Sox fans to me are the most annoying fans in sports. Before the world series win in 04 their act was cute. "Ah we suck, we can't win the world series, feel sorry for us." Now they are trying to do the same schtick and after winning a world series just two years ago you have no right as a fan to bitch about your team. No one will feel sorry for you when you won it all two years ago. You have 5 years after a championship before you can complain about the team again. That's how it works. Also my hatred for the Yankees has faded to a respectful liking of them, and I actually dislike them less than I dislike the Red Sox.

on a sidenote, am I the only who hates Fenway Park?

PvO6ZWJ.png

But they've only been showing classic college football games all summer.

I'm failing to see the downside.....

Oh, I've watched some of it and enjoyed it. But it's just Florida/Florida State (with the odd Florida/Wyoming game for some reason...) over and over again. Gets old after awhile.

Archived