Sabres news!

MrHockey9

I'm happy that the Sabres are returning to the classic scheme but I'm not too happy that it will probably be navy and metallic gold.  I am excited to see this new logo which keeps the feel of the old logo and the crossed sabres of the alt.  let's just hope the swords remain points up.  I've said this a lot but I'll say it again, points down swords are typically only used for pirate stuff.

Personally, I'm attached to this design which I did a while back which uses the blue on the old jets and oilers uniforms, the yellow used currently by many teams--for example Calgary, and black.

White

Blue

POST 700!!! I was going to save this for my tuques project but that will be a while because I just got started on it.   :D  :)   :D   :)

I'm happy that the Sabres are returning to the classic scheme but I'm not too happy that it will probably be navy and metallic gold.

With retro as alive as it is these days, there's a good chance for a third uniform in the old blue and yellow...

I was at the old Aud the day the Sabres packed in 20,000 people to unveil the black & red atrocity. i can still remember how sick I felt seeing them. It was just like day I found out that Santa didn't really know the Easter Bunny.

Can't wait for the day my beloved blue & gold returns.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yeah, the Black and red has run it's course. I want to see them put more focus on the team name, The Sabres, ratehr than a giant Buffalo head. we all know where the team is from, but the nickname isn't the Buffalos, its the Sabres. lets go blue and gold!

I was at the old Aud the day the Sabres packed in 20,000 people to unveil the black & red atrocity. i can still remember how sick I felt seeing them. It was just like day I found out that Santa didn't really know the Easter Bunny.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny you mention that, although the Bruins didn't have quite the unveiling ceremony as the sabres did, I got that same sick feeling when in 1995, the B's decided to retire there classic Original Six solid white/solid black jersey's (uniforms) in favor of Winnie The Pooh and home and away expansion team looking jersey's.

I've never been able to look at this team the same since.

R.I.P. Boston Bruins 1995

Can't wait for the day my beloved blue & gold returns.

Yeah, I was there too...skipped track practice in high school to go and got a T-shirt with the new logo which I still have...those were the days... :D

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I really dig the Sabres current look, but what JS did is amazing. If the Sabres had any of the looks he put together, it would have to be one of my favorite uniforms. The Buffalo fans deserve something along the lines of a great new logo and uniform set after the last couple of years, at least it would generate some possitive interest.

Archived